Release of G'MIC 2.6

I compiled gmic_gimp_qt (linux) on Saturday, comes out as version 2.6.8 and both ultrawarp 2 and ultrawarp ++++ are working.

1 Like

I’m looking for new windows build.
https://gmic.eu/files/prerelease/

Feature request?

Was working on a script and discovered that it wasn’t cooperating because

gmic (1) (2) +*[0] -[1] p

didn’t work as I assumed (1) (2) (-2) (i.e., C = A * -B) but resulted in (1) (2) (1).

already means something:

+*[0] # insert the result of the multiplication of all images in the selection (here [0]).
-[1] # Subtract all images in the selection together (here [1]).

The first command is actually equivalent to +[0], and the second does nothing on [1] hence the result. I’m not sure this behavior should be changed when the selection for a math operator contains only a single element, as it would introduce different behaviors for different kind of selections.

Especially since the solution here is simple:

gmic (1) (2) +*[1] -1 *. [0]

@David_Tschumperle

Not for me, for one of the gimpchat forum members.

gmic_gimp_qt plugin
In Testing → PhotoComix → Wild Cartoonizer gives this error

*** Error in ./fx_m_l_unsharp2/unsharp/*repeat/ *** Command
‘if’: Invalid argument ‘0[1]’: Value accessor ‘[]’: Array brackets
used on non-vector variable ‘0’, in expression ‘0[1]’.

I (wrongly) assumed that an operation with one index (e.g., +*[0]) would mean that it would look for another operator but you are right that -[1] is a command and therefore isn’t considered an argument. Before posing the question, I also tried silly things like +*[0] {-{[1]}} to see if I could extract the data from the index.

Of course this would work

but I was tempted to apply the unary negation; hence, the head-scratching before I discovered the bug in my code.

@David_Tschumperle

gmic_gimp_qt plugin
In Testing → PhotoComix → Wild Cartoonizer

Ok, photocomix wild cartooniser, up and running from last update

Now gives a duplicate layer, eg. output mode inplace gives 2 identical layers ‘New layer’ gives original + 2 identical layers

I am not too bothered, the delete key is handy but…

@David_Tschumperle is it possible to expand rorschach pattern with new options ?

How does rorschach pattern work ?

That’s a quite old command yes, so it could be improved.
What kind of options did you have in mind ?

Adding size variations of some parts and noise of the whole pattern.