Release of G'MIC 3.0

@David_Tschumperle

Je comprends la volonté de limiter les DLL mais dans ce cas il faut tenir compte des évolutions de GIMP.
Pour la mise à jour de l’environnement vous pouvez essayer de forcer les choses par:
pacman -Syu --overwrite=’*’

Je joins les DLL que j’utilise qui proviennent d’un environnement à jour créé il y a 1 semaine, archive gmic_gimp_qt.7z .

Voici les listes des DLL pour G’.MIC QT (y ajouter les plug-ins QT)
libwinpthread-1.dll
libgcc_s_seh-1.dll
libgomp-1.dll
libstdc+±6.dll
libcurl-4.dll
libfftw3-3.dll
libpng16-16.dll
Qt5Core.dll
Qt5Gui.dll
Qt5Network.dll
Qt5Widgets.dll
zlib1.dll
libbrotlidec.dll
libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll
libidn2-0.dll
libnghttp2-14.dll
libpsl-5.dll
libssh2-1.dll
libssl-1_1-x64.dll
libzstd.dll
libbrotlicommon.dll
libiconv-2.dll
libintl-8.dll
libunistring-2.dll
libdouble-conversion.dll
libicuin69.dll
libicuuc69.dll
libpcre2-16-0.dll
libicudt69.dll
libharfbuzz-0.dll
libmd4c.dll
libfreetype-6.dll
libglib-2.0-0.dll
libgraphite2.dll
libbz2-1.dll
libpcre-1.dll

Voici les listes des DLL pour G’MIC CLI
libwinpthread-1.dll
libgcc_s_seh-1.dll
libgomp-1.dll
libstdc+±6.dll
libcurl-4.dll
libfftw3-3.dll
libjpeg-9.dll
libpng16-16.dll
libtiff-5.dll
zlib1.dll
libbrotlidec.dll
libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll
libidn2-0.dll
libnghttp2-14.dll
libpsl-5.dll
libssh2-1.dll
libssl-1_1-x64.dll
libzstd.dll
libbrotlicommon.dll
libiconv-2.dll
libintl-8.dll
libunistring-2.dll
libdeflate.dll
libjbig-0.dll
libjpeg-8.dll
libLerc.dll
liblzma-5.dll
libwebp-7.dll

gmic_gimp_qt.7z (20.8 MB)

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind, but I shared samj’s and your interaction here at GIMPChat (link that is), David. :slight_smile:

I’ve finally succedeed building a version of the plug-in with the updated dlls.
Now available with the “latest dev” link from the G’MIC web page.

It works!

1 Like

@David_Tschumperle

Bonjour,

Thank you for this update.
I tested the ‘zip’ version and there is no problem with GIMP-2.10.28 Win 64.

en français:
J’ai remarqué que les plugins QT n’étaient pas à jour (sous-répertoires). Ils se trouvent dans \msys64\mingw64\share\qt5\plugins
Avez-vous réussi à mettre à jour votre environnement msys2 ?

I’m currently checking all the .dll and put the newest in my build folders.
All should be up-to-date for the next pre-release.

@David_Tschumperle

Bonjour,

This morning I tested gmic_cli_win64.zip and gmic_qt_win64.zip (gmic_3.0.0_pre210919).

There is no problem with G’Mic CLI.

I can not record modified images in PNG format with G’MIC QT. This problem does not exist with the JPEG format.

With an old MSYS2 environment that is not updated regularly it is better to create a new one.
To go faster You can use existing packets in \msys64\var\cache\pacman\pkg\

I have installed GIMP 2.10.28 along with the latest GMIC 2.9.9 patch. here's the result (Win 10 64bit) installing GMIC 2.9.8 in GIMP 2.10.28 gives the same message
2021-09-22_230851

G`MIC 2.9.9 in GIMP 2.10.28 compilation samj works fine

@Zbyma72age

Bonjour,

I think it’s simply a problem of installation.
There is no patch but simply a new version of G’MIC (3.0.0_pre) to download and install.
Here is a method for succeeding:

• You delete all the versions of G’MIC QT that you have,
  • You download the archive https://gmic.eu/files/prerelease/gmic_gimp2.10_win64.zip
  • You unzip the archive gmic_gimp2.10_win64.zip to get \gmic_gimp_qt
  • Start 2.10.28 and declare the \gmic_gimp_qt directory as Plug-ins directory by Edit> Preferences> Folders> Plug-ins.
  • Restart GIMP. Import an image and activate Filters > G’MIC-QT…
  • Make an update of the filters with the button or shortcut Ctrl+R
1 Like

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, now it works in both 2.20.24 and 2.10.28 versions

Feature Request: Rectangle() function akin to polygon. Or maybe a way to define outline thickness and whether it’s inside polygon or middle or outside. See my G’MIC thread on the latest post to see why I want that. It’s a little harder to do stack polygon to create border. I think I like the second idea better now to think of it.

In G’MIC (not sure in Cimg / math interpreter - check yourself), rectangle is drawn by polygon. I would suggest you draw lines based on the coordinates you have. See linethick to investigate how to make lines have thickness.

For rectangle, to stimulate dilate in my use case, all I needed was to subtract, and then I made my recent filter 9 to 17.5 times faster. I’ll see how I can stimulate outline in the way I’m thinking of akin to Illustrator when I get to that though I think adding outline options would be much easier and less complicated.

In the math parser, you can still write:

rectangle(x0,y0,x1,y1,opacity,color) = polygon(4,x0,y0,x1,y0,x1,y1,x0,y1,opacity,color);

Yes, that was what I was getting at. Follow the example of G’MIC in terms of the rectangle and thickline commands, using as many base functions as possible.

EDIT: All resolved. It didn’t came to my mind to use the slash. Still on fixing the issue with arg with color space conversion though manually.

@David_Tschumperle

Bonjour,

Here are 2 problems with the GMIC-3.0.0_pre Win 64 version of October 17/18 :

• The libjpeg-8.dll is not in the gmic_qt_win64.zip archive.

• The operation of ‘Minimal Path’ demos of G’MIC CLI is very slow and/or bad.

Will be fixed in next pre-release.

Fixed after gmic update.

Thanks!

@David_Tschumperle

Bonjour et merci pour la réponse,

The latest version of ‘GMIC-3.0.0_pre-QT-WIN64’ save only in JPEG format. An error report is reported : https://github.com/c-koi/gmic-qt/issues/117

Linking gmic cli with latest opencv (4.5.4 from MacPorts) for “dc” and “apply_camera” there is a new error message from opencv, still it works. This is on MacOS 11.6. a git build of gmic cli.

gmic dc
[gmic]-0./ Start G’MIC interpreter.OpenCV: Couldn’t read video stream from file “check_opencv.mp4”

[gmic]-0./ Open camera stream viewer.
[gmic]-0./ End G’MIC interpreter.

During compilation there are lots of warnings, e.g.

In file included from gmic_cli.cpp:51:
In file included from ./gmic.h:247:
In file included from ./CImg.h:427:
In file included from /opt/local/include/opencv4/opencv2/opencv.hpp:52:
In file included from /opt/local/include/opencv4/opencv2/core.hpp:58:
/opt/local/include/opencv4/opencv2/core/mat.hpp:2504:5: warning: use of the ‘nodiscard’ attribute is a C++17 extension [-Wc++17-extensions]
CV_NODISCARD_STD static UMat eye(Size size, int type) { return eye(size, type, USAGE_DEFAULT); } // OpenCV 5.0: remove abi compatibility overload
^
/opt/local/include/opencv4/opencv2/core/cvdef.h:718:32: note: expanded from macro ‘CV_NODISCARD_STD’
# define CV_NODISCARD_STD [[nodiscard]]
^