Release of G'MIC 3.2

I’m looking for a better way to allow users to use arguments like string_a,string_b or number_a,number_b as parameter which is basically what my code example did. So, if I were to type in ir2 as parameters, the resulting code utilize if $ir2 case upon execution. The same thing would happen if I type in 4. The way I written it is very maintainable though it’s not understandable.

See here:

list_of_palettes_with_single_initials=avn,bd,ft,jsl,ir2,ir2f,ir2h,ir2w,ir3,ir3b,rb,rbtop
number_of_pal_args={narg($list_of_palettes_with_single_initials)}
$list_of_palettes_with_single_initials={expr('x',narg($list_of_palettes_with_single_initials))}
$list_of_palettes_with_single_initials={v=vector$number_of_pal_args(0);v[$pal_choice]=1;v;}

With the above syntax, all I gotta do is to add in initials if I want to add a configuration, and then the user of said command can use the new initials as parameter argument or the integer representation of said parameter. In this case, there’s no need for me to add in if $1==‘avn’||$1==0 and so forth, and there’s no need for me to assign number as it’s done in the background.

But, like you said, everything in there even if this seem a little tricky to add in.

• 2023/01/16: Release of G’MIC 3.2.0 (binary packages on their ways). Thanks to everyone who made it possible, especially all pixls.us folks :beers:
2 Likes

@David_Tschumperle

Bonjour,

Merci pour cette nouvelle version :smiley:

G’MIC CLI Win 32 bit + G’MIC GIMP QT 2.10 Win 32 bit + G’MIC GIMP QT 2.99.15 Portable Win 64 bit :

:o)

Kubuntu 20.04 / Gimp 2.10.32 / gmic_qt 3.2.0

Errors in Testing → Joan Rake → Deformations

Fake JFIF (JPEG) Encoder
*** Error in ./fx_jfif_fake/ *** Command ‘i’: Invalid selection [Q] (undefined label ‘Q’).

JFIF Effects
*** Error in ./fx_jfif/ *** Command ‘i’: Invalid selection [Q] (undefined label ‘Q’).

It’s my guess that it has to do with lines that has I[Q] (…).

Also, seem the code base needs restructuring. Something I plan to do at some point.

Capture

Works for me…

Have you tried refreshing your filters ?
What is your input image?

I get the same even after updating filters:

CLI version (3.2.1) works fine though…

That’s a mystery to me.

What is your input image?
Image made in Gimp 1920*1080 .

It works on 3.2.0 here. I’ll have to check 3.2.1.

Even 3.2.1 worked. I updated.

I’m not really sure why some does not work. Is it possible I run out of memory?

I tried with 3.2.2 (pre-) and it worked
https://gmic.eu/files/prerelease/

3.2.2 Hard sketch doesn’t work

@hover that’s the exact same error as the one you got for the Pencil Portrait filter.
Just curious, do you have a custom user.gmic file that would redefine some of the default command ? That could explain this.

do you have a custom user.gmic file that would redefine some of the default command ?
No, I don’t have.

I pushed changes to fix these, can you verify?

EDIT: Okay, both got the Q erros fixed. JFIF (JPEG) Encoder seem to have something’s up, but almost works. JFIF Effects now has invalid selection[G] error. I made a push to fix that.

Is it possible for Make squiggly to add random sizes of squgglies? From small to big.

Could you also get Mondrian pattern in Gmic ?

Mondrain Pattern is on my list of TODO. And I have a lot of those. I’m just doing small fixes and so. And I still have to finish the upgraded Picture Mosaic.