released vkdt 0.5.0

1. what thing?
  2. the imgui way of doing it is to ctrl-click (not my code, see the bottom of this page)
  1. the gui widget that comes when you right click on a slider in DT.
  2. “very intuitive”

right. in fact i try not to spend much time when doing anything on a computer (and fail regularly). but i think the “developer bias” in not finding bugs is a well known thing… you always test the same things in the intended ways, never the buggy codepaths.

1 Like

yeah i thought i’d implement that again when i started with this. also the ctrl-click i’m still not friends with because it’s a two-hander. on the other hand it’s a bloody slider alright. i got used to it. also i’m not super interested in gui programming, mainly because everybody has an opinion about it. that said it’s not a terrible amount of work to change things like this. i wonder whether it’ll happen before i get so used to the current sliders that i don’t want to change it any more…

1 Like

I had the same questions around entering the value around 2 weeks ago. But now that I know it is just with ctrl, I’m fine with the gui. I think focusing on fast image processing is more important that gui stuff for vkdt.

I’ve used vkdt to test with a few images and I like it. The area that I would like more automated tools (maybe they are there I just dont know about them) is trying to do white balance.

white balancing has only the super basic rgb sliders interface (no temperature/CCT+tint so far, i might ship that at some point). there are, however, a couple of presets. if you press ctrl-p in darkroom mode, it’ll bring up the preset menu. if you type neutral into the filter field, the pick-neutral.pst is the only match (if you don’t have custom presets). apply this to place a colour picker module in the graph to conspire with the colour module. this can be configured to do deflickering, but this preset uses it to pick a neutral spot for white balancing. initially, the preset covers a large spot centered on the image. if you navigate to the pick:01 module you can pick another spot. this will be moved to neutral/white.

there is another set of presets, colour-monk-[0-9].pst (type monk into the filter field). these use googles skin tone scale as reference colours instead of neutral. with a bit of luck you can use them to white balance for skin tones (picking a skin patch instead of a neutral patch).

So, a suggestion along the lines of my original one about export file names. How 'bout one more replacement variable, say, ${ffile}, which would be the input file name minus the path and extension. With filename = ${fdir}/${ffile}/.jpg, I’d be a very happy camper… :crazy_face:

pushed. i remember i thought that might be useful when i implemented the directory replacement…

1 Like

Wonderful! Looking forward to try this on a machine with a “real” GPU.

I’m getting the impression that the vkdt lighttable acts more as a file browser than an actual database. If so, that’s lovely! Let a DAM software (like digiKam) do what it does best and let the raw converter (vkdt in this case) convert raw files. Keep it light!

4 Likes

Gee, that was quick… pulled and tested it, works like a treat! Thanks!

Last day of work is Thursday, should have more time in retirement to poke at the code…

2 Likes

try to turn an image consistently by 90 degrees and report back.

I’m on Manjaro stable and it’s not available in any repos (yet). I need some guidance on how to build. Judging from the readme.md it seems I should be able to build it by going to the unzipped vkdt-0.5.0/ dir and running make. The binaries should then be found in vkdt-0.5.0/bin/. However, the make output ends with gui/render.h:4:10: fatal error: 'GLFW/glfw3.h' file not found and I can’t find the vkdt bin file in vkdt-0.5.0/bin/ after the build has finished.

Here’s the complete make output:

Makefile:56: [ext (Makefile)]
mkdir -p built/
bin/config.mk.defaults:51: [ext (Makefile)]
Package glfw3 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glfw3.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
Package 'glfw3', required by 'virtual:world', not found
bin/config.mk.defaults:52: [ext (Makefile)]
Makefile:13: [ext (Makefile)]
Makefile:57: [ext (Makefile)]
make -C ext/
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/ext'
mkdir -p ../built/ext/rawspeed
cd ../built/ext/rawspeed; cmake ../../../ext/rawspeed -DBUILD_TESTING=0 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release -DRAWSPEED_ENABLE_LTO=off -DRAWSPEED_ENABLE_DEBUG_INFO=off -DBUILD_BENCHMARKING=off -DBUILD_FUZZERS=off -DBUILD_TOOLS=off
-- The CXX compiler identification is Clang 14.0.6
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/clang++ - skipped
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Checking for -march=native support
-- Performing Test MARCHNATIVE
-- Performing Test MARCHNATIVE - Success
-- Checking for -march=native support - works
-- Checking for -std=c++17 support
-- Performing Test COMPILER_SUPPORTS_CXX17
-- Performing Test COMPILER_SUPPORTS_CXX17 - Success
-- Checking for -std=c++17 support - works
-- Performing Test CLANG_CXX_THREAD_SAFETY_ANALYSIS_NEGATIVE_CAPABILITIES_WORK
-- Performing Test CLANG_CXX_THREAD_SAFETY_ANALYSIS_NEGATIVE_CAPABILITIES_WORK - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WALL
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WALL - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WEXTRA
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WEXTRA - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WEVERYTHING
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WEVERYTHING - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_CXX98_COMPAT
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_CXX98_COMPAT - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_CXX98_COMPAT_PEDANTIC
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_CXX98_COMPAT_PEDANTIC - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_CONVERSION
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_CONVERSION - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_COVERED_SWITCH_DEFAULT
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_COVERED_SWITCH_DEFAULT - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_DEPRECATED
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_DEPRECATED - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_DOUBLE_PROMOTION
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_DOUBLE_PROMOTION - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_EXIT_TIME_DESTRUCTORS
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_EXIT_TIME_DESTRUCTORS - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_GLOBAL_CONSTRUCTORS
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_GLOBAL_CONSTRUCTORS - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_GNU_ZERO_VARIADIC_MACRO_ARGUMENTS
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_GNU_ZERO_VARIADIC_MACRO_ARGUMENTS - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_OLD_STYLE_CAST
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_OLD_STYLE_CAST - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_PADDED
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_PADDED - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_SWITCH_ENUM
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_SWITCH_ENUM - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_UNUSED_MACROS
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_UNUSED_MACROS - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_UNUSED_PARAMETER
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_UNUSED_PARAMETER - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_WEAK_VTABLES
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WNO_WEAK_VTABLES - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WEXTRA_SEMI
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WEXTRA_SEMI - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WSTACK_USAGE_4096
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WSTACK_USAGE_4096 - Failed
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WFRAME_LARGER_THAN_4096
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WFRAME_LARGER_THAN_4096 - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WLARGER_THAN_32768
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WLARGER_THAN_32768 - Success
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WERROR
-- Performing Test RAWSPEED_HAVE_CXX_FLAG_WERROR - Success
-- Looking for OpenMP
-- Found OpenMP_CXX: -fopenmp=libomp (found suitable version "4.5", minimum required is "4.5") 
-- Found OpenMP: TRUE (found suitable version "4.5", minimum required is "4.5")  
-- Looking for OpenMP - found (system)
-- Looking for pugixml
-- Found Pugixml 1.13
-- Looking for pugixml - found (system)
-- Looking for JPEG
-- Found JPEG: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so (found version "80") 
-- Looking for JPEG - found
-- Looking for jpeg_mem_src
-- Looking for jpeg_mem_src - found
-- Looking for ZLIB
-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/libz.so (found suitable version "1.2.13", minimum required is "1.2.11") 
-- The C compiler identification is Clang 14.0.6
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/clang - skipped
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Looking for C++ include zlib.h
-- Looking for C++ include zlib.h - found
-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - found
-- Check size of uLongf
-- Check size of uLongf - done
-- Looking for Z_OK
-- Looking for Z_OK - found
-- Checking prototype uncompress for HAVE_ZLIB_UNCOMPRESS_PROTOTYPE
-- Checking prototype uncompress for HAVE_ZLIB_UNCOMPRESS_PROTOTYPE - True
-- Checking prototype zError for HAVE_ZLIB_ZERROR_PROTOTYPE
-- Checking prototype zError for HAVE_ZLIB_ZERROR_PROTOTYPE - True
-- Looking for uncompress
-- Looking for uncompress - found
-- Looking for zError
-- Looking for zError - found
-- Looking for ZLIB - found (system)
-- Looking for malloc
-- Looking for malloc - found
-- Looking for free
-- Looking for free - found
-- Looking for aligned_alloc
-- Looking for aligned_alloc - found
-- Performing Test HAVE_CXX_THREAD_LOCAL
-- Performing Test HAVE_CXX_THREAD_LOCAL - Success
-- Trying to query CPU L1d cache line size
-- Deciding that the CPU L1d cache line size is 64 bytes
-- Trying to query CPU page size
-- Deciding that the CPU page size is 4096 bytes
-- Trying to query CPU large page size
-- Deciding that the CPU large page size is 2097152 bytes
-- Found XMLLINT: /usr/bin/xmllint  
-- The following features have been enabled:

* OpenMP-based threading, used for parallelization of the library
 * XML reading, used for loading of data/cameras.xml
 * Lossy JPEG decoding, used for DNG Lossy JPEG compression decoding
 * ZLIB decoding, used for DNG Deflate compression decoding

-- The following OPTIONAL packages have been found:

* XMLLINT, command line XML tool, <http://xmlsoft.org/>
   Used for validation of data/cameras.xml

-- The following RECOMMENDED packages have been found:

* OpenMP (required version >= 4.5), Open Multi-Processing, <https://www.openmp.org/>
   Used for parallelization of the library
 * JPEG, free library for handling the JPEG image data format, implements a JPEG codec
   Used for decoding DNG Lossy JPEG compression
 * ZLIB (required version >= 1.2.11), software library used for data compression
   Used for decoding DNG Deflate compression

-- The following REQUIRED packages have been found:

* Pugixml (required version >= 1.8), Light-weight, simple and fast XML parser, <http://pugixml.org/>
   Used for loading of data/cameras.xml

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/built/ext/rawspeed
mkdir -p ../built/ext/rawspeed
make -C ../built/ext/rawspeed
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/built/ext/rawspeed'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/built/ext/rawspeed'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/built/ext/rawspeed'
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/built/ext/rawspeed'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/built/ext/rawspeed'
[  1%] Checking validity of cameras.xml
/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/ext/rawspeed/data/cameras.xml validates
[  1%] Built target validate-cameras.xml
[  1%] Built target check-rawspeed
[  1%] Built target dependencies
[  1%] Built target tests
[  2%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/ChecksumFile.cpp.o
[  3%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/Common.cpp.o
[  4%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/Cpuid.cpp.o
[  6%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/DngOpcodes.cpp.o
[  7%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/ErrorLog.cpp.o
[  8%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/GetNumberOfProcessorCores.cpp.o
[  9%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/Memory.cpp.o
[ 10%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/RawImage.cpp.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/RawImageDataFloat.cpp.o
[ 13%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/RawImageDataU16.cpp.o
[ 14%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/common/TableLookUp.cpp.o
[ 15%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/metadata/Camera.cpp.o
[ 16%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/metadata/CameraMetaData.cpp.o
[ 18%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/metadata/CameraSensorInfo.cpp.o
[ 19%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/metadata/ColorFilterArray.cpp.o
[ 20%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/io/BitStream.cpp.o
[ 21%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/io/FileReader.cpp.o
[ 22%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/io/FileWriter.cpp.o
[ 24%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/tiff/CiffEntry.cpp.o
[ 25%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/tiff/CiffIFD.cpp.o
[ 26%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/tiff/IsoMBox.cpp.o
[ 27%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/tiff/TiffEntry.cpp.o
[ 28%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/tiff/TiffIFD.cpp.o
[ 30%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/parsers/CiffParser.cpp.o
[ 31%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/parsers/FiffParser.cpp.o
[ 32%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/parsers/IsoMParser.cpp.o
[ 33%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/parsers/RawParser.cpp.o
[ 34%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/parsers/TiffParser.cpp.o
[ 36%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/AbstractDngDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 37%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/AbstractLJpegDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 38%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/Cr2Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 39%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/Cr2LJpegDecoder.cpp.o
[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/CrwDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 42%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/CrxDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 43%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/DeflateDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 44%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/FujiDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 45%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/HasselbladDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 46%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/JpegDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 48%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/KodakDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 49%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/LJpegDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/NikonDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 51%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/OlympusDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/PanasonicV4Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 54%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/PanasonicV5Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 55%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/PanasonicV6Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 56%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/PentaxDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 57%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/PhaseOneDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 59%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/SamsungV0Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 60%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/SamsungV1Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 61%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/SamsungV2Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 62%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/SonyArw1Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 63%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/SonyArw2Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 65%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/UncompressedDecompressor.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decompressors/VC5Decompressor.cpp.o
[ 67%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/interpolators/Cr2sRawInterpolator.cpp.o
[ 68%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/AbstractTiffDecoder.cpp.o
[ 69%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/ArwDecoder.cpp.o
[ 71%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/Cr2Decoder.cpp.o
[ 72%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/Cr3Decoder.cpp.o
[ 73%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/CrwDecoder.cpp.o
[ 74%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/DcrDecoder.cpp.o
[ 75%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/DcsDecoder.cpp.o
[ 77%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/DngDecoder.cpp.o
[ 78%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/ErfDecoder.cpp.o
[ 79%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/IiqDecoder.cpp.o
[ 80%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/KdcDecoder.cpp.o
[ 81%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/MefDecoder.cpp.o
[ 83%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/MosDecoder.cpp.o
[ 84%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/MrwDecoder.cpp.o
[ 85%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/NakedDecoder.cpp.o
[ 86%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/NefDecoder.cpp.o
[ 87%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/OrfDecoder.cpp.o
[ 89%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/PefDecoder.cpp.o
[ 90%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/RafDecoder.cpp.o
[ 91%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/RawDecoder.cpp.o
[ 92%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/Rw2Decoder.cpp.o
[ 93%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/SimpleTiffDecoder.cpp.o
[ 95%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/SrwDecoder.cpp.o
[ 96%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/rawspeed.dir/src/librawspeed/decoders/ThreefrDecoder.cpp.o
[ 97%] Linking CXX static library librawspeed.a
[ 97%] Built target rawspeed
[ 98%] Building CXX object src/librawspeed/common/CMakeFiles/rawspeed_get_number_of_processor_cores.dir/GetNumberOfProcessorCores.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX static library librawspeed_get_number_of_processor_cores.a
[100%] Built target rawspeed_get_number_of_processor_cores
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/built/ext/rawspeed'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/built/ext/rawspeed'
strip -S ../built/ext/rawspeed/librawspeed.a
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/ext'
Makefile:60: [src (ext Makefile)]
mkdir -p built/
bin/config.mk.defaults:51: [src (ext Makefile)]
bin/config.mk.defaults:52: [src (ext Makefile)]
Makefile:13: [src (ext Makefile)]
Makefile:61: [src (ext Makefile)]
make -C src/
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/src'
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c cli/main.c -o cli/main.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c qvk/qvk.c -o qvk/qvk.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c qvk/qvk_util.c -o qvk/qvk_util.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG  -c core/log.c -o core/log.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG  -c core/threads.c -o core/threads.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c pipe/alloc.c -o pipe/alloc.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c pipe/connector.c -o pipe/connector.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c pipe/global.c -o pipe/global.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c pipe/graph.c -o pipe/graph.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c pipe/graph-io.c -o pipe/graph-io.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c pipe/graph-export.c -o pipe/graph-export.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c pipe/module.c -o pipe/module.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c pipe/raytrace.c -o pipe/raytrace.o
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c db/db.c -o db/db.o
In file included from db/db.c:6:
db/stringpool.h:99:32: warning: unknown warning group '-Wstringop-truncation', ignored [-Wunknown-warning-option]
#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wstringop-truncation"
                               ^
1 warning generated.
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c db/rc.c -o db/rc.o
In file included from db/rc.c:2:
db/stringpool.h:99:32: warning: unknown warning group '-Wstringop-truncation', ignored [-Wunknown-warning-option]
#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wstringop-truncation"
                               ^
db/rc.c:107:32: warning: unknown warning group '-Wformat-truncation', ignored [-Wunknown-warning-option]
#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wformat-truncation"
                               ^
db/rc.c:148:32: warning: unknown warning group '-Wformat-truncation', ignored [-Wunknown-warning-option]
#pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wformat-truncation"
                               ^
3 warnings generated.
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c db/thumbnails.c -o db/thumbnails.o
clang cli/main.o qvk/qvk.o qvk/qvk_util.o core/log.o core/threads.o pipe/alloc.o pipe/connector.o pipe/global.o pipe/graph.o pipe/graph-io.o pipe/graph-export.o pipe/module.o pipe/raytrace.o db/db.o db/rc.o db/thumbnails.o -pie -o vkdt-cli \
     -rdynamic -lvulkan  -ldl -pthread  -s
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -c fit/fit.c -o fit/fit.o
clang fit/fit.o qvk/qvk.o qvk/qvk_util.o core/log.o core/threads.o pipe/alloc.o pipe/connector.o pipe/global.o pipe/graph.o pipe/graph-io.o pipe/graph-export.o pipe/module.o pipe/raytrace.o db/db.o db/rc.o db/thumbnails.o -pie -o vkdt-fit \
     -lm -rdynamic -lvulkan  -ldl -pthread  -s
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG   -I../ext/imgui -I../ext/imgui/backends/ -c gui/gui.c -o gui/gui.o
In file included from gui/gui.c:5:
gui/render.h:4:10: fatal error: 'GLFW/glfw3.h' file not found
#include <GLFW/glfw3.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make[1]: *** [Makefile:89: gui/gui.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mikael/Desktop/vkdt-0.5.0/src'
make: *** [Makefile:61: src] Error 2

Need the dev package for glfw; in Ubuntu it’s libglfw3-dev.

libglfw3 gives me no results. But there’s a few others to choose from. glfw-x11 perhaps?

Someone who knows how Manjaro disseminates header files will have to speak up…

1 Like

Where should I post any thoughts on using vkdt? This thread, or…
Not that I’ve got much to say… yet!

1 Like

Pat just added a vkdt category now so you can post and then tag it as such…

2 Likes

Are you working on this workaround?

ah, the quick fix is pushed and the new OBS packages should create noise profiles (using inelegant code).

Much better.

Now the tail of my output looks like this:

[nprof] WARN: reducing expectations 1x because we collected very few valid samples!
[o-jpg] writing ‘Nikon-Z 9-20000.nprof’
mv: cannot stat ‘’: No such file or directory
[ERR] no nodes created!
[ERR] no nodes created!
[nprof] WARN: reducing expectations 1x because we collected very few valid samples!
[o-jpg] writing ‘Nikon-Z 9-25600.nprof’
[ERR] no nodes created!
[ERR] no nodes created!
[ERR] no nodes created!

I’m not sure where the ERR are coming from, or where the mv command is coming from. My script looks like this:

for i in ls ~/vkdt-noise-profile-raws; do ./noise-profile.sh ~/vkdt-noise-profile-raws/$i; done

If I do ls -l against data/nprof I see:

[colinadams@fedora bin]$ ls data/nprof -l
total 108
-rw-r–r–. 1 colinadams colinadams 16 Jan 4 10:52 ‘Nikon-Z 9-10000.nprof’
-rw-r–r–. 1 colinadams colinadams 15 Jan 4 10:51 ‘Nikon-Z 9-1000.nprof’
-rw-r–r–. 1 colinadams colinadams 15 Jan 4 10:51 ‘Nikon-Z 9-100.nprof’
-rw-r–r–. 1 colinadams colinadams 16 Jan 4 10:51 ‘Nikon-Z 9-1250.nprof’
-rw-r–r–. 1 colinadams colinadams 16 Jan 4 10:51 ‘Nikon-Z 9-125.nprof’
-rw-r–r–. 1 colinadams colinadams 16 Jan 4 10:52 ‘Nikon-Z 9-12800.nprof’
-rw-r–r–. 1 colinadams colinadams 16 Jan 4 10:52 ‘Nikon-Z 9-16000.nprof’
-rw-r–r–. 1 colinadams colinadams 16 Jan 4 10:51 ‘Nikon-Z 9-1600.nprof’
-rw-r–r–. 1 colinadams colinadams 17 Jan 4 10:51 ‘Nikon-Z 9-160.nprof’