released vkdt 0.5.0

let me create a camconst or similar repository for spectral data, luts, and noise profiles…

@hanatos workaround mentioned in 2158172 – clang sets uneeded RUNPATH when enabling openmp is applied to the rpm spec file:

osc rdiff -r 98:100 graphics:darktable:master/vkdt

aah cool you beat me to it, great :slight_smile: i added the option for clang builds in i-mlv/flat.mk but that would now probably not have been necessary.

please PR here: GitHub - hanatos/vkdt-camconst: camera support specific data for vkdt, such as noise profiles or input device transform luts

you can be the first to submit profile data :slight_smile:

i’d like to keep that separated because i also want to put input colour luts there, which might be too much data to grab for all the potential cameras there are. might be a good idea to group it into subdirectories by maker/model in the future. that way people could just curl/wget the specific directories for the cameras they care about.

2 Likes

cool, thanks for testing. i pushed the cmake argument to the git repo now, and also a compile guard against the linux specific header in your last output.

So whereabouts in the repository do I put the profiles? Create a directory called nprof?

tbh importing the distro LDFLAGS doesnt harm in general.

i created data/ now, which would correspond to bin/data in the original repo, so you’d create a subdirectory data/nprof/ that contains your files please.

all builds green! we have fedora packages! :smiley:

Still having issues compiling vkdt on Windows … maybe it’s faster to get a larger SSD and go for dual boot… But maybe some of you have an idea how to solve.

Here is the result:

tleis@till-inspiron CLANG64 ~/vkdt/bin
$ make
make -C … all
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/tleis/vkdt’
Makefile:56: [ext (Makefile)]
mkdir -p built/
bin/config.mk.defaults:51: [ext (Makefile)]
bin/config.mk.defaults:52: [ext (Makefile)]
Makefile:13: [ext (Makefile)]
Makefile:57: [ext (Makefile)]
make -C ext/
make[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/tleis/vkdt/ext’
make[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘all’.
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/tleis/vkdt/ext’
Makefile:60: [src (ext Makefile)]
mkdir -p built/
bin/config.mk.defaults:51: [src (ext Makefile)]
bin/config.mk.defaults:52: [src (ext Makefile)]
Makefile:13: [src (ext Makefile)]
Makefile:61: [src (ext Makefile)]
make -C src/
make[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/tleis/vkdt/src’
clang -Wall -pipe -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=c11 -DVK_ENABLE_BETA_EXTENSIONS -fPIE -Wall -pipe -O3 -march=native -DNDEBUG -c core/threads.c -o core/threads.o
core/threads.c:7:10: fatal error: ‘sys/syscall.h’ file not found
#include <sys/syscall.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:71: core/threads.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/tleis/vkdt/src’
make[1]: *** [Makefile:61: src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/tleis/vkdt’
make: *** [Makefile:7: all] Error 2

Yes it’s. I’ve installed it from there in Manjaro and worked fine.

The very latest version from WSL2 you get from the Windows store, gives out of the box graphics support, even with acceleration / compute. This version works on Windows10 now as well (instead of only Windows11)

It does need some prop work on the distro to use, I know the official Ubuntu distro’s have it set up out of the box.

(I was suprised to run ‘gvim’ by muscle memory, and having it popup in a brand new Win11 install).

Ooh, that sounds good. I have vkdt running well on Tumbleweed now, but it is a bit of a pain having to restart to go between windows and linux.
Will look into it. How recent is this developement? I installed WSL a few weeks ago… I’ll investigate.

Worked for me too.

After the last update I can´t run vkdt, I got this error.

─ vkdt
[gui] glfwGetVersionString() : 3.3.8 X11 GLX EGL OSMesa clock_gettime evdev shared
[gui] monitor [0] DP-2 at 0 0
[gui] vk extension required by GLFW:
[gui] VK_KHR_surface
[gui] VK_KHR_xcb_surface
[ERR] no WSI support on physical device
[ERR] failed to init gui/swapchain

My hardware is this.

Host: Z390 AORUS MASTER
Kernel: 6.0.15-300.fc37.x86_64
Uptime: 1 day, 10 hours, 52 mins
Packages: 3398 (rpm), 45 (flatpak)
Shell: zsh 5.9
Resolution: 3840x2160
DE: GNOME 43.2
WM: Mutter
WM Theme: CustomAccentColors
Theme: WhiteSur-dark-solid [GTK2/3]
Icons: WhiteSur-dark [GTK2/3]
Terminal: gnome-terminal
CPU: Intel i7-9700K (8) @ 4.900GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Memory: 10221MiB / 32028MiB

It is asking for an extension vk??? I don´t know what is wrong. Please, I need some help.

So vulkan and opencl on nvidia…not just cuda???

I’ve installed ubuntu on WSL2 and installed vkdt. So far so good I think. But when I try to run vkdt I get this:

~$ vkdt
[gui] glfwGetVersionString() : 3.3.6 X11 GLX EGL OSMesa clock_gettime evdev shared
[gui] monitor [0] XWAYLAND0 at 0 0
[gui] vk extension required by GLFW:
[gui]   VK_KHR_surface
[gui]   VK_KHR_xcb_surface
WARNING: lavapipe is not a conformant vulkan implementation, testing use only.
[ERR] init vulkan failed
[ERR] failed to init gui/swapchain

I’m guessing I need to set up the nvidia drivers first… yes. Did some research. Now following this guide.

This is CUDA…I don’t think Vulkan or OpenCL work yet for Nvidia but I am waiting to be wrong…

Humph… I’m not having much luck anyway… getting loads of errors when I installed the CUDA stuff. Seemed to finish eventually, but vkdt still doesn’t work. This is why I stick with windows… I always come to the conclusion that Linux works best when you know what you doing! :cry: I don’t…
Edit: No criticism intended to anyone by the way, in case it sounds that way :wink:

I know my way around most Linux, but I really have very little idea about GPUs. That said, I initially got the nonconformant lavapipe error, and it went away when I installed the Nvidia drivers, currently -515. YMMV, not sure WSL2 will let you do that, but probably worth a try…

1 Like