Revive an old issue: Allow gmic-qt to link the shared libgmic

would you also accept the part that will install CImg.h for now?

and while you are touching git. could it be you didnt push the tag?

Almost there…

/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/gmic-3.0.1/gmic-qt/src/Host/KritaPlugin/host.cpp: In function 'void GmicQtHost::getCroppedImages(cimg_library::CImgList<float>&, cimg_library::CImgList<char>&, double, double, double, double, GmicQt::InputMode)':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/gmic-3.0.1/gmic-qt/src/Host/KritaPlugin/host.cpp:110:23: error: 'string' is not a member of 'cimg_library::CImg<char>'
  110 |     gmic_image<char>::string(ba.constData()).move_to(imageNames[i]);
      |                       ^~~~~~
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/gmic-3.0.1/gmic-qt/src/Host/KritaPlugin/host.cpp:126:12: error: 'struct cimg_library::CImg<float>' has no member named 'move_to'
  126 |       gimg.move_to(images[i]);
      |            ^~~~~~~
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/gmic-3.0.1/gmic-qt/src/Host/KritaPlugin/host.cpp: In function 'void GmicQtHost::outputImages(cimg_library::CImgList<float>&, const cimg_library::CImgList<char>&, GmicQt::OutputMode)':
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/gmic-3.0.1/gmic-qt/src/Host/KritaPlugin/host.cpp:151:31: error: 'struct cimg_library::CImgList<float>' has no member named 'size'
  151 |   for (uint i = 0; i < images.size(); ++i) {
      |                               ^~~~
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/gmic-3.0.1/gmic-qt/src/Host/KritaPlugin/host.cpp:154:37: error: 'struct cimg_library::CImgList<float>' has no member named 'at'
  154 |     gmic_image<float> gimg = images.at(i);
      |                                     ^~

pinging the krita team as well

You mean, in the CMakeList file ?

I can’t. I’m not the owner of the gmic-qt plugin. He is actually away for a while (still a few days I think).

Those supposed missing declarations are actually well-known member functions of the CImg<T> class.

missing include for CImg.h. I fixed plain qmic-qt but not the krita part yet.

yes

Yes, why not.
I got a little tired of this file to say the least, because I don’t want to manage it, and I often receive contributions for it. I wonder if I should put it in gmic-community :slight_smile:

Outcome of todays work:

Next stop is upstreaming all the gmic-qt changes. Hopefully including the changes that krita needs. is Sébastien on the forum as well?

1 Like

No. He is not (and will probably never be there).

Upstreaming changes

1 Like

And here is why we did all the work:

Need to talk to krita upstream how to proceed with upstreaming this.

1 Like

@darix , just a note : macro gmic_build will be renamed gmic_core in the next version 3.0.2.

Thank you for the heads up. I dont think I use it anywhere. I mostly removed the flag from gmic-qt build.

I am kinda curious … if all the work is merged would you prefer to stay with a gmic tarball that contains both or split releases?

all parts are now merged and waiting for new releases https://github.com/c-koi/gmic-qt/pull/157#issuecomment-1169858572 :smiley:

now building the krita integration is a lot easier!

Thank you @David_Tschumperle

1 Like

Does that mean you would be interested by a quick 3.1.5 release of G’MIC ?

• Version 3.1.5 has been released today.
3 Likes

Cool!

How about the digikam plugin from https://github.com/cgilles/gmic-qt ?

Is there any way to bring that in line with the current release? Or am I asking too much now?

Only Gilles Caulier can tell.

1 Like

He is here, @hdynamo so perhaps he can answer.

1 Like