RT 5.8 and Fuji X-T4

Does RT 5.8 read X-T4 files? I’ll be getting a new camera in the next few weeks, and was just checking current compatibility with my favorite RAW editor. Thanks!

In doubt … Raw Samples Wanted

1 Like

@darix Why not?
As far as I know, the X-T4 has the same engine as X-T3, and X-T30.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

1 Like

@Rick
You can easily test yourself. X-T4 jpg and raf are available for download here: https://www.photographyblog.com/previews/fujifilm_x_t4_photos

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

dpreview has a lot of RAF samples. IMO the rendering looks good in latest dev (5.8.2285 / Win10), but the camera itself is not detected.

This is what https://raw.pixls.us/ has currently. If this isn’t the complete set, please follow the instructions on the page to submit the rest of it when you get the camera.

Since we are talking about RT, also follow the instructions on Adding Support for New Raw Formats - RawPedia.

Thanks for the link. It looks like RT 5.8 will read the RAW files just fine, but isn’t profiled.

Just cheat a little and manually select X-T3 as camera in Profiled Lens Correction.

1 Like

Not a bad idea. I’m getting closer to ordering that X-T4.

The colors from the X-T3 and X-T4 both look very muted to me, like they’re not using the right profile.

Do you have an processing enabled or are you using the neutral profile?

The RawTherapee nightly builds already include support for the X-T4, which was added by the end of March.

See Adding Support for New Raw Formats - RawPedia
We already have a color matrix from Adobe, but the white levels are missing which would be useful additional information. @barugon @Rick If you can provide the requested images, we can improve the support further for the next release.

@Barugon I received my X-T4 yesterday,
so I cannot say that I know all about it yet :slight_smile:
However, I really cannot agree that its colors are muted.

This image is developed using Rawtherapee 5.8:

And this is developed using darktable-git:

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Here’s the X-T2 using Standard Film Curve:

Here’s the X-T4 using Standard Film Curve:

Oddly, the X-T30’s colors look fine and it uses the same sensor as the X-T3 and X-T4.

@Barugon Like I already said here, the support for the X-T4 is not in the release version of RawTherapee, but only in the nightly builds.

If I process the studio scene with only the Neutral profile applied using the current nightly build, it looks like this. No muted colors, just a slightly low exposure.

1 Like