RT doesn't see folders, jumbles others

The trick is to prepend the exif/date taken to the filename, permitting to list photos in all apps from different cameras in chronological order, if you take care to synchronise
them

explorer_VkcLBS7Ckg .

Well, if it’s too much of a programming hassle to set RT up to do this, it’s not a big deal. Now that I understand what’s going on, I can just search for what I need. It’s simply a minor inconvenience. As I said, this is the first time I’ve ever run across this, both in RT and AS. No other software has ever done this, and my digital image and scans records go all the way back into the 90s, so this really threw me for a loop.

So if this is a programming hassle, no big deal. I would much rather see you folks concentrate on any potential bugs, or improving and adding feature and processes to the app.

Thanks again, everyone, for your time, and now I can concentrate on learning the ins and outs of RT.

1 Like

It seems you are a Windows user? Have you always been? If so, this surprises me, because, like I said, natural sorting was only introduced with Windows XP in 2001. Any Windows version before that was not able to do what you ask, so if you used Explorer back in the days, you must have had the same issue.
How old versions of image editing software handled things I do not know, but iirc it was pretty common to use OS native elements, which then would also not have natural sorting.

In any case, I think this might be a very nice thing for RawTherapee to have. I’ll put it on the list. Thanks for bringing it up!

1 Like