RT profile selection for Nikon D700 NEF files?

Ideally you’d set the WB locally…

This is not very difficult, but still it is more practical to have a global WB before the demosaicing and then local corrections after demosaicing but before converting from the camera colorspace to the working colorspace… particularly because at this stage it is already possible to construct luminosity masks and/or hue masks.

… or unless he shoots with UniWB technique or he forgot to change to a correct WB or the in camera auto WB fails etc

Thanks, is it possible to provide very overexposed shots (say +5EV so that all channels at all the frame are clipped) at ISO100. To detect any non linearities at highlights …

I think @Carmelo_DrRaw means the user-set white balance in post processing.

This is complicated with the way RT is organized. Going back and forth from RAW to RGB perplexes things regarding white level and chanell scaling, I remember Anders had difficulties adapting …

Thanks a lot for all your input. I am definitely less worried now. I thought, I had been using wrong settings for previous NEF-images. Actually, the extreme illumination in this particular case, challenges the software probably causing artifacts.
I would very much like to help you with overexposed shots for further investigation. However, the shot was taken at a building illumination event and there is no option to reproduce the scenario.

No need to replicate the same illumination, any normal illumination is fine although for this case I would prefer tungsten …

@ilias_giarimis D700, ISO 100, + 5 EV daylight. I’ll search for tungsten light now.

Hi Ilias, I found a tungsten light in cellar. D700, ISO 100, +5EV directly shot into tungsten light, not completely clipped :frowning:

OK thanks, downloaded both …

No surprises here … but I detect differences from body to body … according to claudio’s D700 the WL would be safer to set at a bit lower (i.e. 15650 insted of 15750) . But this is not the reason for our artefacts (as we can see by increasing raw linear correction at 1.01 …). I also detected a small green inbalance but setting green equalization at 3 things get worse :frowning:
I’ll come back later with screenshots …

@heckflosse Ingo, can you try to change the pre_WB calculation ? I think Anders left a switch (-1) to disable the calculation and use AsShot intead …

Ilias, I’ll try :slight_smile: :slight_smile: