RT's default processing profiles

my final edit here

https://infophagia.com/ntz/paste/DSC_9260.NEF-2.pp3

^^ please note that in this “exercise” we’re only trying to make it to starting point that match to the JPEG … I think that I am pretty close in there … I am very happy about using a CC and LC curves here - using Lab tool makes the difference here

In my workflows for Nikon Z6 and Sony A7IV Adobe profiles are must-have. I usually start with Neutral with all options enabled (Tone curve, Base table, Look table, Baseline exposure). It is by far the easiest way to get close to OOC jpegs (color and tone) as a starting point. I use these profiles in both RT and ART.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t use the bundled pp3 profiles. I use my own that sets the starting point I prefer (applied via “dynamic profiles” ). In fact I have many pp3 profiles that automatically stack on top of each other depending on camera, lens, iso etc. This gives me my preferred starting point depending on settings and gear.

Most importantly my profiles set lots of new defaults for modules that are disabled. My crop defaults to 4:3 when turned on, my perspective correction to camera, my black and white module to channel mixer, my colour toning is set to desaturate the lightest and darkest tones.

I am playing with this all evening and I have to agree that there’s something in it to use a dcp profiles imported into RT … I’ve never bothered with them because it seemed to me that when RT and his capabilities didn’t do a good job, then there’s my turn to edit the photo as I like it …