Search for keywords?

I’m using rawtherapee for a while now and I know that you can add keywords to a image for later search. What I havn’t figured out yet, is how do I search for images containing a specific keyword? The search in the file management seem to only search for the filename and doesn’t consider any keywords.

I do not think this is possible but would like very much to be pleasantly surprised. :wink:

I just made a post about this wondering if this is or could at least be a feature request, and how.

One can enter keywords under the Meta/IPTC tab, but that wouldn’t be searchable… And it’s not very easily accessed for regular use…

Yea as I said I knew you could enter them but can’t, who knows why, search for them. Thats actually the biggest issue I have at the moment since my collection of images grows and I need some sort of keyword filter

There is no metadata keyword searching facility in RT. RawTherapee is generally designed for developing raw photos, not for managing them.

If you use Linux, try digiKam-4.14.0 or 5.0.0. I don’t recommend the older versions, too buggy.

There are other options:

@Kissaki, Darktable also has (hierarchical) tagging and flexible search/collections.