Selecting all images in Browser leads to app crash

I’m on Arch Linux, having all the packages up-to-date, namely:

rawtherapee 1:5.8-3

Selecting all the images in the browser using Ctrl-A (almost always) or selecting multiple images using Ctrl-left_click (sometimes), and rarely even selecting a single image causes immediate application crash with the following error message shown on the terminal from which the application has been launched:

/usr/include/c++/11.2.0/bits/stl_vector.h:1045: std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::reference std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::operator[](std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type) [with _Tp = Crop::CropRatio; _Alloc = std::allocatorCrop::CropRatio; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::reference = Crop::CropRatio&; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type = long unsigned int]: Assertion ‘__n < this->size()’ failed.

I already tried:

1. forcefully reinstall the application, just for the case of somehow corrupted files.
  2. wipe-out user-level rawtherapee config and cache

None of this helped.

When searching for the error message, I found this stackoverflow discussion:

I cannot say how useful it is; I’m a Java guy.

… and I did the obvious mistake of reporting bug report here. I will repost it to the github issue tracker later on. Anyway, if any useful response is still appreciated.

I don’t use Arch, Debian man myself, but the version you mention (1:5.8-3) points to a native Arch package and might, thus, be based on the original stable 5.8 version (this one).

Even though that is the original, stable version it should not be used any longer. It is old (early February 2020), has bugs, lacks support for new(er) gear, lacks improvements for certain modules and also lacks new modules.

Have you tried one of the latest development versions? I can’t be 100% certain, but I think your issue might be solved if you use it.

BTW: Welcome to Pixls!

Thanks! I installed the dev version by compiling it from the source code, and after ~2 weeks of light usage the aforementioned stability problem did not happen.

Is there any official release planned anytime soon?

A release has been planned for a while now, but it has been delayed for a few reasons. There is a thread related to the topic: The problem with no releases....