Shortcuts for the items in lighttable view menu (top, left) and no lua script

Hello,

just updated darktable to 3.8 on my SuSE Leap15.3 system. darktable works great and nearly everything just worked after the upgrade. What is no longer working is lua. I used it in 3.6 but after the upgrade I do not see any lua button/menu in darktable to activate or use it. The lua scripts are downloaded to ~/.config/darktable/ . In this directory there is a luarc file as well as the lua/ directory with all the scripts.

I used lua for keyboard shortcuts to show only rejected or all photos in lighttable. I also tried to find a way to create new shortcuts for the “view->all/unstarred/rejected/…”-menu in lighttable for the same purpose but did not find a way to do this. Is there a way with the new shortcut system?

Thanks
Rainer

Yes, you can do this directly with Input NG.

Switch to visual shortcut mapping (click the button left of settings, top right)
Hover over the “view” dropdown. Press a shortcut key (combination) to assign it to the dropdown. For example ctrl+alt+v.
Now (left) click on the view dropdown. This opens the shortcut configuration dialog where you can change the properties of the shortcut you just created.
Select the shortcut for utility modules/filter/view (in the bottom half of the screen).
Click on the “effect” field. You can now chose to have the shortcut directly select “***” for example.

Alternatively, you can leave the “effect” on the default popup and if you have shortcut fallbacks enabled, you can use the scroll wheel while pressing the popup to quickly cycle through all the different options.

1 Like

The lua version changed in 3.8.0 from lua 5.3 to lua 5.4. You may need to upgrade your lua installation

Ah, thanks for the hint.
Since the current openSuSE Leap 15.3 come only with lua53 I will try to find a lua 54 version to upgrade to.

Thanks for the detailed description. It works just fine, but without your exact description I probably would never have found the correct way to go.