Using version 2:2.4.4-2 on Manjaro-deepin install.
I’ve been going back and forth and trying to establish a workflow for my project from hell, which is just to catch up on all the thousands of photos I need to work through. After testing Digikam, RawTherapee and even LightZone, and in spite of a couple of known bugs (see below) I have finally settled on darktable. A few reasons why, in no particular order:
- Tone curve element stays open as I move through photos
- Keyboard shortcuts to move back/forward in darkroom mode
- Intuitive bulk editing options (metadata, etc.)
- Ability to import Lightroom keywords (specifically, world ornithological bird list (10,000+ entries)
The two bugs are known and evidently unlikely to be fixed, but I have decided I can live with/work around them:
- Flickr OAuth implementation - no way to upload to Flickr directly until this is fixed.
- Keyboard shortcuts are frozen/uneditable. No matter how you change them, they are overwritten the next time you open the app.
So while I’d love to see those fixed, as a non-programmer I’ll just go with what I have. At least the next/previous image shortcuts are space and backspace, instead of multiple-key combos requiring two hands (like RawTherapee). Any way, just glad to feel like I have that part solved so I can quit the testing phase and get on w/ this…