Sorbus aucuparia - Italian ikebana with a scent of Japan

With Ansel

_1010481.RW2.xmp (22,2 KB)

thanks by sharing

1 Like

Thank you @Jose_Figueres for you nice interpretation. You inspired me to try a different edit:

Ansel-0.0.0+283~g9405171cc-x86_64: _1010481.RW2.xmp (8.4 KB)

3 Likes

I have been intimidated by this image, for some reason, but tonight I decided to give it a shot. dt 4.2.1

_1010481.RW2.xmp (7.9 KB)

3 Likes

:+1:

_1010481.RW2.xmp (8,8 Ko)

1 Like

My fun in GIMP

or

2 Likes

Thank you to all that contributed to this Play Raw.

When I took this photo I was shooting here and there without thinking too much. It was a casual family tour when you don’t have the time to think. But still I felt something when I saw this scene with 3 planes of depth (the little tree, the green meadows and the distant mountains surrounded by low clouds) one on top of each other.

Probably it reminded me of some oriental art.

For the Chinese, pictorial space was organised according to strict rules of recession. The view point was high above the ground, the upper elements distant and the lower ones near. Recession in space was implied not in the drawing but in a codified system of ‘mist recession’ or ‘recession of depth’ – essentially overlapping layers of planes, like stage flats.

Source: Space – The Final Frontier: The Problem of Depth in Japanese Prints. | Toshidama Japanese Prints

What I wanted to understand from this Play Raw was “How can I emphasize the depth of a landscape with editing software?”

I was not interested in local contrast here, the opposite: not a 2D enhancement, but a 3D one.

My photo is really bad, sorry.

BTW, I don’t know if Ansel Adams had in mind the art from the Orient when he took this photograph.

Source: Ansel Adams - Wikipedia

1 Like

_1010481.jpg.out.pp3 (13.9 KB)

_1010481.jpg.out.pp3 (14.1 KB)

1 Like

_1010481.RW2.xmp (8.4 KB)

2 Likes

RawTherapee and Gimp.

1 Like

here’s my effort, RawTherapee

1 Like

HI, I tried to brighten & sharpen the Ash tree whilst trying to push the trees and mointains back.

1 Like