Straight line brush mask

That’s another option, yes. I’ll double check whether the combination is still free in ART

The other way round would be to intercept the ALT key press (Widget::key-press-event) and avoid propagation to the WM (for this specific case) by returning true. It could be done in ImageArea.

The last combination (Shift for straight line and Alt for Erase) lead to the expected behavior for Straight lines under KDE. But Alt fail to reverse to the erase mode. But in that case we always have the possibility to check the Reverse box.
There is definitively a problem with the Alt Key under KDE.
Serge

@agriggio So I simply test the Alt key under KDE and effectively it is used to move windows whatever they are.

yes, but there’s nothing I can do about it… WM shortcuts are typically customizable by the user, so there’s always the risk of some clashes between WM shortcuts and app shortcuts. I think the best thing to do is to simply do nothing in this case. Ideally, ART should let you customise the shortcuts, but this is not going to happen anytime soon – or at least I have no plans to work on this…

@agriggio, Don’t worry about that, we have the checkbox to control the erase mode.
Sincerely
Serge