Sunrise over a cypress lake

Quick edit A bit of a dreamy look… not really adding much to the edits proposed so far…

or maybe the perceptual variant

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. But I wanted to preserve as much color as I could in the sky and definitely didn’t want to blow the highlights. But it could’ve been brighter. I’ll blame it on the mosquitoes. :slight_smile: Actually, bracketing would’ve helped, but the clouds were moving and I didn’t want to try to blend that in post. I really need to go back once there’s a little autumn color (if indeed we get any at all) and try again.

1 Like

It’s fun to play with colors, eh? I like adjusting things to see what happens, but I’m usually not good enough to keep all reflections, etc., matching and such. Interesting versions.

:face_with_monocle::man_shrugging:

IMG_0028.CR3.xmp (20.0 KB)

2 Likes

Apologies. What I took to be a sensor spot turned out to be something in the water! I shall call it a UFO - an Unidentified Floating Object.
By pushing the RAW to +5EV and zooming in I can see it has a reflection in the water.

1 Like

Yeah… I had exported the JPG when I saw that. I had to go back and fix it. LOL I think it’s a cypress “knee” that’s just sticking out of the water.

1 Like

IMG_0028.CR3.xmp (22.4 KB)

6 Likes

Beautiful sky, here’s my take on it

IMG_0028.jpg.out.pp3 (15.6 KB)

1 Like

My play in GIMP

1 Like

Tmax-100 simulated in RT 5.10-dev

IMG_0028.jpg.out.pp3 (29.1 KB)

1 Like