The Glories of Water

Oh i didn’t want to criticise your work. It is just something that popped in to my mind. I know how challenging it can be. And how easy it is to see what could be improved in photos you didn’t take yourselve. Keep up the good work. It is always nice to see your images of Scotland

Why not? It is one of the reasons I submit things to “Play Raw”.

In many respects I have it easy, there is a opportunity for great images just about everywhere you go.

ah man i am a bit jealous. I watch the videos from Thomas heaton and Nigel danson on youtube. They seem to visit regularly Scotland. I live in the Emmental and i think when taking pictures of the general view it always looks clustered with meadows, woods, Farmhouses and streets (general view in the emmental). As i have limited time to travel i mostly shoot around where i live. And the Alps are quite a drive away from where i live. I hope i manage to visit the Gasterntal a few times this year.

My try with 4.3.0+254~g3ac133189:

_CTW7595_05.NEF.xmp (79.0 KB)

I feel your pain. I, too, watch TH, ND, Henry Turner, James Popsys, Gavin Hardcastle, Nick Page, William Patino, Adam Gibbs and others. It can be frustrating. I’m a minimum of 300 miles (5 hours) from even a ~300m elevation change of any kind, more than twice that far for 1000m and ~5x for real mountains.

I keep telling myself to stop watching but I can’t… :grin:

1 Like

I’m only jealous of the time they can devote to their craft, being able to pick and shoose when and where they go out to make photographs.

I would love to have the kind and choice of subject matter they have. Now retired I have more time (although I can absolutely relate to that limitation) but my local / regional subject matter is fairly dull.

That settles it, from now on I am only posting pictures of Munros :grinning:

2 Likes

dt 4.2

_CTW7595_02.NEF.xmp (10,9 KB)