Unable to install from Manjaro AUR

That all looks fine.

The version of rapid-photo-downloader in stable is 0.4.11-5. The never version is in unstable but will make it’s way to stable soon. Either way, it will still have the issues with Python 3.7 which is fixed in 9.12.

Can you try installing rapid-photo-downloader-bzr from AUR again now that we have confirmed that your system is up to date.

could not satisfy dependencies:
unable to satisfy dependency ‘python-colour’ required by rapid-photo-downloader-bzr
unable to satisfy dependency ‘python-easygui’ required by rapid-photo-downloader-bzr
unable to satisfy dependency ‘python-gphoto2’ required by rapid-photo-downloader-bzr
unable to satisfy dependency ‘python-rawkit’ required by rapid-photo-downloader-bzr

I see the problem. Those packages are not in stable yet. They are all in testing. They must have been aur packages which were recently promoted to the repos.

There are a couple of ways to solve the issue.

You could temporarily switch to the testing branch in manjaro or you could just wait until they hit stable.

1 Like

Hey @dalto, thank you for your time, much appreciated. I think I’ll wait, I thought I was going mad! (well madder actually) I have also learned a lot!

1 Like