Unloading bay in underground carpark

Thats a nice location for taking pictures, thanks for sharing!
I croped a little bit, here my try in RT-dev:

DSC_2030.NEF.jpg.out.pp3 (14,3 KB)

1 Like

Thanks @123sg! This is my try. Edits: Crop, Color balance RGB, Tone Equalizer and something else.

DSC_2030.NEF.xmp (11.3 KB)

1 Like

Similar to @anon42681393 but with perfect triad color harmony :slightly_smiling_face:

This motif lives on warning colors (red and orange/yellow). The cold colors (blue and green) are very desaturated and unobtrusive.

DSC_2030.NEF.xmp (21,3 KB)

darktable 4.3.0~git450.f5a79a84-1+9040.1

4 Likes

By the way, I plan to make an episode about color harmonies. May I use this raw file for it? This is a very good example of the color triad.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I’m honored in fact. :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s a very interesting principle too - I haven’t loaded your xmp yet, but will later. I’m want to see just where those colors are in the image, especially the blueish ones.

@marter Thanks! It’s under the shopping centre in Queanbeyan NSW if you ever come past. :wink:
@anon42681393 Thanks for your version! I like it :+1:

1 Like

Where do you want the eye to go in the frame? Right now I don’t see an obvious focal point.

What are you trying to tell us with this photo? What emotion do you want to invoke?

1 Like

Grunge effect

DSC_2030.NEF.xmp (11.0 KB)

2 Likes

Difficult questions :wink:
I think I thought (!) it was the kind of image which invites the eye to wander around, finding interesting details… but it would be better with a focal point wouldn’t it…

Emotion… I think, it’s supposed to have a lack of emotion, the same as the utilitarian concrete construction. Does that work? Not sure.

@age nice!

Here is one play where I used the color zones module to desaturate all color except for the yellows and reds.

1 Like

Here is a different approach. I often like to relight my scenes by using multiple instances of exposure. Here I try to draw the viewers attention to the loading bay. Ansell Adams did similar tricks with dodging and burning in the darkroom to make the lighting in his landscapes more dramatic.

5 Likes

Stick a person in that scene, and it would look like it was done by Steve McCurry.

Never thought of that!
@Terry I think that might my favorite so far, your second one.

Little crop some editing…no moody lighting on this one…

DSC_2030.NEF.xmp (10.6 KB)

1 Like

That’s another contender for favorite :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for posting
darktable 3.2

DSC_2030_03.NEF.xmp (15.2 KB)

2 Likes

Hello,

I tried to create an “industrial” atmosphere and to draw the eye to the unloading dock.
BW processing with DT 4.3, sigmoid and the tone curve.

DSC_2030.NEF.xmp (25.4 KB)

Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

2 Likes

My version…

DSC_2030.NEF.xmp (13.8 KB)

2 Likes

What’s going to happen next???

DSC_2030_07.NEF.xmp (14.2 KB)
darktable-4.3.0+369

12 Likes

:fearful: Very cinematic!