up for a photo editing challenge

Natural soft edit

2 Likes

@HIRAM thats a nice edit. Wondering, if the edges between mountain and sky can be softened, i tried to investigate your pp3-file. But sth weird is going on here.

Loading your pp3, RT shows the pic exactly like your upload above, but…

1st: i cannot find any setting, where you defined it as a b/w
2nd: clicking any option or setting (i clicked the first spot of LA), the pic changes to color with a heavy oversaturated sky:

Since you are using AppVersion=5.8-3107-gd92f5f7ca and me i am using Version: 5.8-3105-g262d00bf1 (Windows) , i guess, there is some incompatibility between these versions.

Do you have any idea, whats wrong here or did i overlook sth?

HIRAM uses the Film Simulation module and has this one Ilford Delta 100 selected.

If it doesn’t show in your session it means that a) this specific LUT isn’t present or b) you haven’t set up LUTs/Film Simulation at all.

I do believe this specific one can be found in the (large 400Mb) LUT collection offered via the RawPedia site: RawTherapee Film Simulation Collection

You need to point RawTherapee to the directory it was extracted in via: Preferences → Image Processing → Directories → HaldCLUT directory

EDIT: Just to make sure I DL-ed and checked the large zipped collection and, yes, the ilford one used is part of it.

2 Likes

@Jade_NL, your’e right, “Film Simulation” is activated, but the dropdown is empty. But: when choosing a LUT, Ilford Delta 100 is available in my LUTs. Does this mean, it’s just located in a different folder?

It might be in a different sub folder.

1 Like

That is probably the case here. The LUT used is hardcoded in the sidecar and has as base what’s been set in the preferences section.

1 Like

@HIRAM @Jade_NL

thanks for clarifying!