vkdt devel diary

i managed to load cr3 images in the past using the steps in this post: vkdt dev diary, pt2 - #34 by hanatos

that assumes you compiled yourself from source, however: you need to use the rawspeed branch that supports cr3, the patch to db.h mentioned in teh post is already upstream by now and not needed any more.

cytrinox, the author of that branch, is also working on another piece of code that we could maybe use in the future to import raw images, we’ll see.

let me know if you’re trying this and need more assistance.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I tried it, and unfortunately it does not work any more. I get this error:
git remote add cytrinox https://github.com/cytrinox/rawspeed/tree/canon_cr3 git fetch --all
Hämtar origin
Hämtar cytrinox
fatal: arkivet “GitHub - cytrinox/rawspeed at canon_cr3” hittades inte
error: kunde inte hämta cytrinox
I know that my request may be a distraction, but I would be happy to try again.

ah, sorry. i think my url in that post was wrong. should probably be

git remote add cytrinox https://github.com/cytrinox/rawspeed.git

and then the rest looks good from here.

Thank you so much!! Now I have vkdt up and running with cr3 support!

I feel dim and dumb at the same time. Managed to pull from git and compile. VKDT runs fine and instantly shows ORF, CR2 and other raw files but draws a blank on any Pentax PEF files - I tried as far back as my K-5, K-70 but also my current KP. Even though I can see the models in my ~/vkdt/bin/data/cameras.xml file.

What am I doing wrong?

./vkdt /home/mike/vkdt/bin/P1120111.ORF 
[gui] glfwGetVersionString() : 3.3.7 X11 GLX EGL OSMesa clock_gettime evdev shared
[gui] monitor [0] eDP-1 at 0 0
[gui] vk extension required by GLFW:
[gui]   VK_KHR_surface
[gui]   VK_KHR_xcb_surface
[gui] no joysticks found
[gui] no display profile file display.eDP-1, using sRGB!
[rawspeed] load /home/mike/vkdt/bin/P1120111.ORF in 381ms
[rawspeed] load /home/mike/vkdt/bin/P1120111.ORF in 392ms

./vkdt CMG15634.PEF 
[gui] glfwGetVersionString() : 3.3.7 X11 GLX EGL OSMesa clock_gettime evdev shared
[gui] monitor [0] eDP-1 at 0 0
[gui] vk extension required by GLFW:
[gui]   VK_KHR_surface
[gui]   VK_KHR_xcb_surface
[gui] no joysticks found
[ERR] image could not be loaded!

Are the RAWs in the same directory as vkdt?

Yes.

please try

./vkdt ./CMG15634.PEF

(note the second ./)
i wanted to fix this some time ago but forgot because i don’t usually do this so often (run from same directory).

Nope, whether with ./ before the filename or with the filename with full path, for any of my Pentax PEF files going all the way back from my current KP to the K-70, K-5 (and beyond), vkdt will not load it. It also will not show any PEF raws in a directory if opened with [Open directory]

Any other raws like ORF, ARW, CR2 open fine whether with or without path.

haha sorry then i probably already fixed the bug i thought was causing it. if you compiled from git, could you please try again? i didn’t push updated packages yet but i think i have pushed a patch for PEF files.

Yep, that did the trick indeed. All PEFs showing and loading fine. Super!

1 Like