WEBP image export?

Hi there, I’m new to RawTherapee and this forum. Really impressed with the interface, feature set and processing speed in RawTherapee! Amazing work!
I was wondering, if direct WEBP export is considered for a future update. Currently only Darktable can do this but it’s too slow for our needs, so we export PNGs in RawTherapee and convert them to WEBPs afterwards with an external tool. It’d be great to have further image export formats baked in right to RT!
By the way, WEBP is fully opensource (webm/libwebp - Git at Google), developed by google and far more efficient than JPG in terms of quality vs size.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

1 Like

I have the same opinion. I’m a photographer, managing my website, and it’s so strange to not have webp.
Anyway, my workaround is to use the imagemagick toolkit. I generate tif files and then:
mogrify -format webp -quality 92 *.tif && rm -f *.tif
Not a big disturb, but weird to not have it included in RT.

2 Likes

I’m also starting to embrace the .webp format because of the impressive size/quality ratio, support alpha channels and what not.

Fun fact: WebP is a “RIFF” format, which means it supports meta data. So it should be possible to include EXIF data.

1 Like

ART
zip file as webp is not available

_DSC7409-1.7z (306.3 KB)