Hello all. My name is Mike & I’m super new here.
I’ve been a Lightroom user (v3 up to v5) and since I’ve since transferred my primary work-space from a Win7 laptop to a similarly aged MBP running OS X 10.6.
Because of LR catalog issues I’ve started dabbling on the following software last year:
- RawTherapee 4.2.270 : looks like the strongest contender to replace LR, however, I still have questions and certain roadblocks I’d like to get out of the way.
- DarkTable 1.6.8 : longest learning curve for me, but found a way to use its SVG signature feature which has become the only feature so far I can’t let this tool go.
- DXO Optics Pro 7 : found the auto-slight-HDR and auto lens distortion correction as great starting points upon ingest.
- LightZone 4.1.2 : found this useful for one-off edits, leaning towards a not-so-friendly interface, ranks lowest for me.
Other supplementary tools I’m using:
- XNview : for batch IPTC edits & batch renaming
So after several months of tinkering, I’d like to post some questions here hoping someone has had a work-around for the feature or maybe just some advice going the right direction. I have been wanting to use RawTherapee solely for my workflow, but as of today I find myself ingesting photos into DXO then run the batch on DT for the SVG signature and only use RT for more detailed processing.
I’ll post my questions separately as they come, thank you for your patience & I hope to learn from everyone willing to share.