Where are the most photogenic landscapes?

Hi Anna,

I don’t know the Algarve but I’ve been to Portugal 3 years ago and miss it since then once in a while because it’s really beautiful and you can eat cheese toast everywhere. Good coffee as well. I didn’t really concentrate on that but I’m pretty sure you’ll find some nice landscapes there too. Regarding water and the ocean I’ve been to scotland and it is full of nice landscapes. I hiked part of the west highland way. It’s nice but I think you can find some more remote trails with even better landscapes if you want. Isle of skye is a classic for landscape photography I guess.

Now I remember that a friend has been to lapland and I really liked the images he showed me. Don’t know where exactly to go there. But I’m sure you’ll find something in the internet ; ).

If I search the stereotypes in my brain I would say new zealand, canada and iceland are the places to go for landscapes. But I’ve never been there.

While writing about landscapes it comes to my mind that they’re literally everywhere :smile: so you should be fine no matter where you go.

Have a nice trip

Wapitifass

3 Likes

or just crawl around in a nearby garden:

Ranunculus ficaria.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

5 Likes

That is an incredibly dense image but naturally so.

Sarek… Rapadalen :slight_smile: Very much not recommended for those lacking experience though. I’m from the north of sweden.

Padjelanta is nice if you’re into more austere landscapes with flat lakes in moon like terrain.

2 Likes

Has anybody been to Thailand?
Wouldn’t a Libre Graphics Meeting in Bangkok be cool?
Does anybody here live in Thailand?

Nope. Where did this thought originate? Is there a burgeoning open-source scene in Thailand? (I don’t actually know.) Or are you remarking on their photogenic landscapes and cityscapes?

I saw a photo on pixelfed, it showed an elegant restaurant in Bangkok with a view of the city. And I remembered that my cousin lived in Bangkok for some years and she liked it.
So I did some research about Thailand and it turns out they have quite a few really spectacular landscapes and a lot of coasts. The only disadvantage is the fact that even in the cool season the max temperature is 30-32 celsius and the min is like 22.
Well, we don’t know much about the open source scene in Asia but I can’t imagine that there are no open source fans at all in a metropole like Bangkok. I imagine there should be quite a few engineers, physicists, mathematicians etc.

1 Like

Has anybody mentioned the Azores? Apparenty public transportation is good on some of the islands.

1 Like

So I have been to Tenerife and Corfu meanwhile, and I wonder: what should be my next destination, probably in October?
I really liked Corfu and maybe I want to explore the Greek islands more. Has anybody of you been to Santorini or Zakythos?
Santorini is not 100% nature photography and quite touristy but it might be interesting…
Or again Tenerife, since last time there was no time for the Anaga mountains and Masca?

1 Like

I loved the smaller islands of the Cyclades, especially Sifnos, Serifos. In the Dodecanese, I loved the colorful town in Simi, the stunning volcano on Nisiros, and of course the old town of Rhodos. What a beautiful place (and amazing food, too).

2 Likes

A non-photographer friend went to Torres del Paine (in a campervan…) and even her phone pics looked incredible

2 Likes

Isn’t that like the Dolomites?

I don’t know if you’d consider traveling to South America, but the Lençóis Maranheses, in Brazil, are simply stunning: Parque Nacional dos Lençóis Maranhenses – Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre

1 Like

I never made it to Shiretoko peninsula in Hokkaido when I lived in Tokyo but plan to one day. There are lots of places for fall leaves in Hokkaido, apparently, though also a ton of domestic photographers shooting them. I loved the ancient cedar forests and mossy forest floor of Yakushima (inspiration for Studio Ghibli anime like Spirited Away), though they’re quite dense for photography, I guess. I was only taking photos with my phone at the time.

Sado island close to Niigata has outdoor noh plays (many local photographers when I attended) and abandoned teak villages and temples, though they’ve dumped so many tetrapods along the coast.

3 Likes

I’ve not been to either…

1 Like

British Columbia = semi-arid desert, temperate rainforest, boreal forest and alpine tundra biomes all with int 2-3 hours drive of each other on top of Greater Vancouver urban stuff and Vancouver Island.

I’m slow to update my website for now but here’s just two parts on BC, coastal and interior Arek Halusko | Flickr

If you hit the foresty roads you get even more variety

2 Likes

I’m thinking you would find some amazing shots here…

My wife is doing a 160 mile canoe trip this summer… I’m hoping she takes a few pics along the way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Take the night train from Vienna to La Spezia and then visit the cinque terre. A climate-friendly and relaxed trip to a great place:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cinque+terre&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=APwXEdfcyvHOy-9HOPqnamQZUNyHx_ZXrQ:1683104020525&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi2po2K49j-AhUx_rsIHd-jCzcQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1920&bih=919&dpr=1

2 Likes

Totally bookmarked this post with all these great ideas… Planning trip to Sao Paolo, Brazil, to use up covid-era flight credit. Any suggestions in that region are welcome!

I do have the plan to visit my cousin in the u.s. eventually and I also want to see the pacific but at the moment I have a tendency towards destinations in Europe.

1 Like