Windows or Firefox changes xmp to xml when downloading

See my post on Firefox support: When downloading xmp files, they are changed to xml | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support

I installed the recommended add-on. I am going to open another post, because this is a bigger issue than with just xmps. Unless pixls changed something, @paperdigits?

Just for experiment sake. Could you PM me all of your handlers.json? There should be one per profile folder. Or if you know which profile you are currently using, send just the one.

Do I use Message on your page:

@afre
The add-on added the following in a different place in handlers.json than I added the text you suggested:

,“application/x-xmpfile”:{“action”:0,“extensions”:[“xmp”]

I put your text at the end, and I would gather that that was not the correct place.

I believe so. Or you could click on any of my profile pictures to bring up a menu.

Glad it worked for you with the plugin, although I am often cautious with ones that change the settings. Tagging it on to the end should work*. You might have to add an additional new line after that.

*It depends on how Firefox reads JSON files: the first time an entry shows up or the last…?

The last section, the one I had put it into, begins with “schemes”. The section the add-on put it in begins with “mimeTypes”.