X-trans compressed -- status?

What’s the present status on Darktable and Fuji compressed X-trans files?
RT can handle them. Capture 1 Pro 10.1 Beta seems to manage them as well.

(Roman Lebedev) #2

Uwe Müssel has started trying to port the code from libraw to rawspeed, but i have not heard from him since.

Hi all,

Present status?

/Claes

(Roman Lebedev) #4

(Roman Lebedev) #5

(Roman Lebedev) #6

Danke vielmals!

I have a new Fujifilm X-E3 (Oct 2017) which has the same sensors as the X-T20 or X-T2. But I cannot open the RAF file. Anyway to add this new camera or is there a way to edit the exif?
Thanks.

BTW, I am using V2.2.5 on Debian

(Roman Lebedev) #9

Irrelevant of the specific camera model, X-Trans compressed RAF’s are only supported in git master, not in any released version of darktable.

The camera is already supported.

Don’t do that.

(Ingo Weyrich) #10

Oh, that was really misleading in your post 3 above…

Thanks Roman
I’ll wait patiently for the next release.

(Roman Lebedev) #12

I’m guessing you are talking about X-trans compressed -- status? ?
Can you quote the misleading part? I never stated anything about releases in there.

(Ingo Weyrich) #13

Didn’t know that was not released yet. My fault.

Hi Roman. I followed instructions to compile using git. Compiled ok, but the fujifilm X-E3 is not in the rawseed database. Here is the error message

shum@debian:~/darktable/build$ darktable
RawSpeed:Unable to find camera in database: ‘FUJIFILM’ ‘X-E3’ ‘‘
Please consider providing samples on https://raw.pixls.us/, thanks!
[rawspeed] (DSCF7076.RAF) Camera ‘FUJIFILM’ ‘X-E3’, mode ‘’ not supported, and not allowed to guess. Sorry.
[temperature] failed to read camera white balance information from DSCF7076.RAF'! [colorin]FUJIFILM X-E3’ color matrix not found!
[colorin] FUJIFILM X-E3' color matrix not found! [colorin]FUJIFILM X-E3’ color matrix not found!
[temperature] failed to read camera white balance information from DSCF7076.RAF'! [colorin]FUJIFILM X-E3’ color matrix not found!
[colorin] FUJIFILM X-E3' color matrix not found! [colorin]FUJIFILM X-E3’ color matrix not found!
RawSpeed:Unable to find camera in database: ‘FUJIFILM’ ‘X-E3’ ‘‘
Please consider providing samples on https://raw.pixls.us/, thanks!
[rawspeed] (DSCF7075.RAF) Camera ‘FUJIFILM’ ‘X-E3’, mode ‘’ not supported, and not allowed to guess. Sorry.
[temperature] failed to read camera white balance information from DSCF7075.RAF'! [temperature]FUJIFILM X-E3’ color matrix not found for image
[temperature] failed to read camera white balance information from `DSCF7075.RAF’!

(Roman Lebedev) #15

Works fine here.
I guess you either did not build the git master of darktable,
or did something wrong with rawspeed submodule update.

Building
Note that rawspeed is tracked via a git submodule, so after checking-out the darktable, you need to update/checkout rawspeed,

git submodule init
git submodule update

Hi Roman. Thanks for reply. I followed the instructions in the manual. After ./build.sh and cd build && sudo make install commands, it was completed with no errors. But I cannot find any executable in /opt/darktable. (previously I used a simple darktable command which would bring me to version 2.2.3 with errors of no X-E3). I ended up using
shum@debian:~/darktable/build$ /opt/darktable/bin/darktable
It runs and show version 2.3.0+1080…and opens my compressed .raf files. :grinning:
So, I need to start it from terminal and close it afterwards. Is there a simple way to create an executable so I can run it from gnome desktop?

(Roman Lebedev) #17

By default it installs into /opt/darktable, which you should create first, and make it writable by your user, so no sudo is needed for the make install

So which is it, I cannot find any executable in /opt/darktable, or I ended up using /opt/darktable/bin/darktable? :slight_smile:

Cool!

No clue about gnome, i don’t use that. I guess something along the lines of https://askubuntu.com/questions/64222/how-can-i-create-launchers-on-my-desktop

Thanks Roman. I managed to just change my current v2.2.5 launcher to the new version. Working great. Thanks for your help and patience. Now I have to tackle lensfun to include Fuji X-E3.

Hi Roman, I have another question or observation of the git version on Fuji X-E3.
The new git version opens the X-E3 file, but when I zoom to 100%, the image has jagged lines all over. If I switch to jpeg, its all clear and sharp. I tried all the demosaic options but the same effect. Maybe these demosaic methods are not suitable for 24mp sensors?

(Ingo Weyrich) #20

Do you mean this blocky stuff? It’s not caused by the demosaicer. Tested with rt. Left is demosaiced, right is not demosaiced: