Advice for 1 or 2 tutorial videos on darktable

Hi!

I’ve already played a lot on my own with darktable, but I want to understand how to edit photos in darktable better.

I saw a set of Youtube playlists on darktable’s official website, but, I think it’s too much for me and I don’t have that much time (but I really appretiate all the effort!).

Can you give some Youtube links to good tutorials on darktable? That would describe the most necessary settings in one video…

The thing is, I started to watch some tutorial on darktable, I don’t remember which one, and there was a comment saying that the video was bad because the author didn’t read darktable manual, and he did everything wrong. So I decided to step down a bit, and ask there)

Might be a bit unrealistic…DT takes time and effort to master… If I had only one vote I would watch selected videos from @s7habo . The channel is Editing moments with Darktable and there is an ongoing thread here in the forum for discussion around these videos…Work from the newer ones as the initial videos are from a much older version

1 Like

For a beginner with darktable, I strongly recommend Bruce Williams’s series.

https://www.youtube.com/@audio2u

3 Likes

If you have the patience to read:

In the setup step, he tells you to choose between filmic and sigmoid. If you are just starting out, you’ll probably have no idea, so here’s a hint: the tutorial uses filmic, so maybe stick with that for now.

And the other posts, see this topic:

2 Likes

Uh, oh. He said, “intuitive”.

1 Like

And Bruce had a couple of videos for noobs recently. His word!

1 Like

This is where I got my start in understanding workflow. Definately worth the time. I will also add, go to Play Raw and participate. The hands on experience and seeing other’s take on processing really helps understand the workflow.

3 Likes