setting working siril directory to external drive

i am trying to setup working directory to external - for mac book air M1. But siril showing that i have dont have permission to write : '\volume'. how to solve this?

Welcome to the gang!

Do you know the file system? I had a similar issue and since it was a Win NTSF filesystem showed it owned by root. I eventually had to put on by Win system (shh, cheap system for gaming) and eject it from there. This “released” it and allowed the external drive to mount in Linux and give me a chance to format it to ext4. Been fine since.

It’s been way too long since I messed with this stuff but I vaguely remember that NTSF has issues with being unplugged improperly and needs to have a flag reset. Mounting in WinX and “ejecting” properly tends to reset that flag.

Which MacOS version are you using?
With Sonoma you’re usually asked for permission, if a program wants to use a volume / folder for the first time. I had this, too. In this “moment” I used SiriL via the graphical frontend and the pop-up window showed up.

I think you can solve this issue (maybe the following names are incorrect, as I need to translate from my German localization):
Open the System preferences, go to privacy & security and open the entry “files nd folders”. There should be an entry for SiriL. Allow the use of “volumes”. Then it should work.

Best regards,

Bjoern

Sonoma Version 14.6.1 (23G93). Yes i have done all settings in System Preferences. Still does not work

Permissions are set by system. Not siril. So this is difficult to say .