0.9a7 sidecar files not recognised? - part 2

ehhh… i just went to thank the person who explained how to quote in here and i get a not helpful message “as a new user here you have reached you daily limit for posts for this topic”…

sigh… if they don’t want discussion here i give up then. damon, if you happen to see this, and you are interested in continuing the discussion on the technical side, please reply here or in the original thread any PM me here and i’ll give you an email address we can use.

all the best.

edit: can’t find a way to pm in here either. i give up x2

@paperdigits thanks, yep i figured it was for that reason, and i understand you have to do something to control that kind of abuse.

in this case it just prevented a genuine discusssion from proceding though.

i guess damon just thinks i dropped out of sight there when we were in the middle of a discussion, but that wasn’t the case.

and i don’t see any message button on any other users page… perhaps that’s another new user restriction.

anyway i get it, and thanks for your replies. a bit frustrating for me though tryinbg to participate in an interesting first discussion. i couldn’t even pm damon my email address so he could reply off list.

The limit is imposed by the forum software and helps us keep spam explosions from littering the site. Keep in mind you can edit and add to your other post. Sorry that you find it restrictive.

You PM by clicking a user’s name then clicking the “Message” button on the user’s page.

Again, I’m sorry that you’re frustrated.

I highly doubt that. He answered:

I’m not sure, I can’t find documentation on new users being able to send messages, but when I click on your name, I see this:

I’m not in the business of giving out people’s personal email, but it wasn’t hard to find his. I’m sure that he’ll respond to one of the two threads you’ve started when the time allows though.

1 Like

As @paperdigits mentioned, this is to prevent spam on the forums. There should have been a notice while you were posting at 8:04, 8:07, 8:08, 8:18, and 8:21 that you can also go back and edit/amend a previous post with new information (the preferred method) as opposed to spamming multiple inline comments strung together. :slight_smile:

I’m ok with this occasional problem if it keeps most of the spam off the site.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you’ll quickly get accustomed to the site I’d imagine.