1DXMkIII CR3 LibRaw

Please devs, don’t forget LibRaw RD & FRV can open 1DX3 .cr3 files, and has been able to do so for the last 7 or 8 months:

It’s slightly irritating that RTdev can open certain later cr3 files but not these.

I was going to post this on the previous thread but it’s locked.

Hi @Andy_Astbury1, see Canon EOS 1DX Mark III CR3 Raw Support · Issue #5862 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

Maybe this can be useful?

{ // Quality C
        "make_model" : "CANON EOS-1D X MARK III",
        "raw_crop": [ 72, 38, 5496, 3670 ],
        "masked_areas" : [ 40, 10, 5534, 70 ],
        "ranges" : { "white" : 16383 }
    },
1 Like

It works, indeed! :wink:

Hmm, was there a problem with the colorchecker shots provided, or did generating the DCP just fall through the cracks?

@agriggio Many thanks! Based on analysis of the white frames provided in the referenced issue, I have put the white maximum at 16382 instead of 16383.
See Update camconst.json with basic support for Canon EOS-1D X M3 · Beep6581/RawTherapee@d36545b · GitHub for the commit.

@Entropy512 I have asked @Morgan_Hardwood to generate the DCP’s. I know how to do it as well, but he has previously expressed the wish to keep making those.

Yeah, I have done DCPs myself but, yeah - I know he prefers to do those himself.

OK - so that’s done, many thanks to all involved.
One question though - exif data not available?

There’s no metadata support for CR3 files in RT yet, though it is coming soon. (If you can’t wait, you can try ART in the meantime…)

1 Like