1kwords | A Street Photography Discord Server

Hi guys, I just created a discord server loosely based around my YouTube channel (@1kwords) but more importantly it’s a server for street photographers and about street photography. It’s still very early days and very much still a work in progress, but you are very welcome to join us there and help build the community.

3 Likes

Sounds fantastic. I’d love to join and do my bit to grow the community, but I’m somewhat uncomfortable with Discord – like most other such sites, it’s a bit too involved and busy for me; I find it all a bit overwhelming — and everything seems to require a little more info at sign up than I’m comfortable providing these days. This forum and GitHub are about are as far as my modest online presence extends.

I sincerely hope the project is a sucess, though, and keep up the great work.

In addition it seems discord has started to enshitify.

2 Likes

Nice to see this term be so well known that it is no longer necessary to explain it.

I unfortunately use discord as some friends refuse to use other platforms, but it’s no doubt they keep getting worse. Every three months there’s a mobile update that breaks every muscle memory you have, they keep trying to monetize everything etc.

I am a user since December 2015 and it’s a shame seeing what this platform has turned into.

EDIT:

:smiley:

1 Like