2022 Year in review - post your favorite shot

Absolutely. And if it wasn’t clear, that was just a feeble attempt at (ironic) humor on my part. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That was clear, do not worry. :wink:

2 Likes

2022 was a rather poor year for me in terms of photgraphy. I didn’t take many photos, and the photos I did take were often quite plain. This Biriyani Cake was photographed for my mother’s recipe blog towards the end of the year and is my favourite because I visualised the image I wished to create, and came pretty close to achieving what I aimed for. I didn’t want a typical biriyani-on-a-plate photo and this was supposed to be a special dish for Christmas so I came up with the idea of a biriyani cake. It took a surprising amount of work to accomplish this photo, including ironing the blue cloth I used as a background. I managed to get the background lights arranged properly and the right perspective towards the end of the shoot, which resulted in the egg sinking a bit into the rice but I am otherwise very pleased with this image.

12 Likes

For me it should be this one, mostly because it was taken with a old and neglected Zeiss Ikonta that l cleaned and fixed, and that it was one of the first roll of film l developed at home. It was quite satisfying to get a sharp and properly exposed shot and process it from start to finish (with RT).

15 Likes

@jonathanBieler
What film did you use?

@Claes Delta 400

Hello,
I totally agree with you, I really appreciate the generosity of the participants of this forum
Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

2 Likes

So… I have imported about 60k photos this year in DT. That is, because I migrated my collection from LR and finally made the switch. And I’m very happy that I did!

After some years of taking only family pictures I upgraded my dusty EOS50D in Nov and got out to take some (mostly nature) pictures. In the last months I learned so much about proper raw development - it’s unbelievable, that I missed all this in the years before.
I’m very grateful for all the effort, that people put into this forum and also into YT videos.

I realized, that I haven’t got so many great shots over the last year, but while browsing the latest images, this one stuck. I took this photo at my parents, while being there for a few days. It was nearly dark and the quality evidently isn’t great. Anyways here is my image.

edit: resize killed the frame, tried to repair.

14 Likes

Using my cameras, I have accumulated about 2000 shots the past year (I shot more, but some have already been culled – I’m way behind with my processing). We did not go on so many trips, and I was often just lazy to take a camera – took many shots with my phone.

This one is from my little LX7, which I really should be taking more with me. Nothing special, just a nice walk in the spring.

16 Likes

Hello,

Good idea, here are two pictures taken during my holydays in the south of France, in Provence

Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

19 Likes

I didn’t take as many photos I had hoped this year: ~3500. Here are a few of my favorites. I mostly shoot landscape astrophotography.

31 Likes

Very beautiful shots! It is very nice that you included details on the exposure and techniques used!

1 Like

Very beautiful! I think a few people (including me) will find themselves quietly envying :wink:

1 Like

These are beautiful @TonyBarrett !

I just checked my 2022 folder and I have around 35k raw files. Most are bursts from shooting wildlife and the like. Because of such a high cadence whenever I came home I became overwhelmed with so many photos and never got to rating and culling… Only edited a few that jumped straight out in quality and then left it to gather dust. Definitely need to break out of this cycle in 2023. Both for mine and my hard drives’ sanity :smile:

My favorite shot, or at least the one that was more on my mind:

18 Likes

I have to say this is another thread with some absolutely marvellous images!
Keep it up everyone. :+1: :smiley: :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks! The locations are doing most of the work

3 Likes

For 2022, i would choose a pair of images taken with not so common lenses.

Peach flowers in my garden, taken with a Fuji XT20 and a Janpol 80mm 1:5.6 (poland enlarger lens) at full aperture, with bellows.

And this one taken always with a Fuji XT20 but with a Voigtalnder super dynarex 135mm 1:4 i think @f11

Both developed with art.

19 Likes

15 Likes

Here are my favourites from last year. Sorry no stats i am not a statistics guy.

31 Likes