2022 Year in review - post your favorite shot

Using my cameras, I have accumulated about 2000 shots the past year (I shot more, but some have already been culled – I’m way behind with my processing). We did not go on so many trips, and I was often just lazy to take a camera – took many shots with my phone.

This one is from my little LX7, which I really should be taking more with me. Nothing special, just a nice walk in the spring.

16 Likes

Hello,

Good idea, here are two pictures taken during my holydays in the south of France, in Provence

Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

19 Likes

I didn’t take as many photos I had hoped this year: ~3500. Here are a few of my favorites. I mostly shoot landscape astrophotography.

31 Likes

Very beautiful shots! It is very nice that you included details on the exposure and techniques used!

1 Like

Very beautiful! I think a few people (including me) will find themselves quietly envying :wink:

1 Like

These are beautiful @TonyBarrett !

I just checked my 2022 folder and I have around 35k raw files. Most are bursts from shooting wildlife and the like. Because of such a high cadence whenever I came home I became overwhelmed with so many photos and never got to rating and culling… Only edited a few that jumped straight out in quality and then left it to gather dust. Definitely need to break out of this cycle in 2023. Both for mine and my hard drives’ sanity :smile:

My favorite shot, or at least the one that was more on my mind:

18 Likes

I have to say this is another thread with some absolutely marvellous images!
Keep it up everyone. :+1: :smiley: :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks! The locations are doing most of the work

3 Likes

For 2022, i would choose a pair of images taken with not so common lenses.

Peach flowers in my garden, taken with a Fuji XT20 and a Janpol 80mm 1:5.6 (poland enlarger lens) at full aperture, with bellows.

And this one taken always with a Fuji XT20 but with a Voigtalnder super dynarex 135mm 1:4 i think @f11

Both developed with art.

19 Likes

15 Likes

Here are my favourites from last year. Sorry no stats i am not a statistics guy.

31 Likes

Hey amazing images. I really love your first and the last two ones. Lovely patterns in the sand. Imagine if you could reshoot the last one when a storm passes. That could be amazing.

Hey Boris
Always a pleasure to see your images. This set really demonstrates your amazing editing skills.

1 Like

Thanks!. The last one (and the sand dunes) are on Isle of Uist in Scotland’s Outer Hebrides so plenty of opportunity for storms.

These are great. Love that surprising white peak.

Lots of white peaks in Scotland, here is an iconic one:

17 Likes

Yep. It took a pandemic and lack of travel options abroad to get me to finally go and see some of this stuff that’s almost on my doorstep…

Took this one on the same day (actually within 20min or so) as my recent Play Raw. Possibly a little too ‘classic’ as far as sunsets go but I like it anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit the next day - Gosh. I meant to post this in the ‘charge your battery’ thread. Sorry! Not 2022 at all. Should I delete it?

13 Likes

Not sure if this is entirely 2022. Was taken in 2021 but processed in 2022. Any way - certainly one of my favorites.

17 Likes