5.0 Mac version?

Hi. Will a 5.0 Mac version be out anytime soon?
Thanks

You can get it from Partha’s website, it is in the sidebar.

That current 5.0 macOS build has missing arrows and possibly other defects. I recommend you wait a day for 5.0-r1 which fixes the “other defects”, and hopefully @partha manages to sort out the missing arrows in his build. 5.0-r1 will be available on RawTherapee - Downloads

1 Like

Thanks!

@Anthony_S, It’s available now. Can you please try it? Thanks.

http://rawtherapee.com/blog/5.0-r1-downloads-ready

Hi, works fine here. Arrows are there. Still missing the histogram in the tone-curves. The two tone-curves have a different backgroundcolor. A known issue.

Is anyone else experiencing a crash when selecting the Save to Folder drop-down menu in the queu? Asking 'cos my system is kind of parkinsonian right now. OSX 10.11.6 Grab attached for clarification

PD
While strolling throught the preferences, realized the same behaviour with selecting PS drop-down, might be on purples :stuck_out_tongue: Nother grab, nother arrow

Looks a bit similar to this issue

1 Like

Ha ha ha, chinese cookie :japanese_ogre: I don’t know what to tell you about that code, but I must thank you 'cause somehow I figured I could changed (actually add) both paths to the prefernces in the ~/Library/Application\ Support/RawTherapee/options
Ufff, I’m so relieved it’s not my tractor leaking again

BTW very very impressed with speed, handeling, response and overall stability of RT5 :comet::cherry_blossom: :hatched_chick: :herb: :zap:

Now I can finally ruin all flowers on my garden =)

2 Likes

Hope one of you Mac people can help me. I am new to RT and most of the sliders are sufficiently similar to Lightroom that use of RT is intuitive. However, I am truly stumped trying to go from RT to Photoshop (and hopefully back). As I understand the process, I am supposed to go to Preference > General > Select Adobe Photoshop Installation Directory and then select “Other Command line:”. What am I supposed to type into Other Command line? I have tried every combination that I can find on Google but no success. All I get is: “Cannot start editor. Please set the correct path in Preferences.”. What is the correct path???
A second, but minor issue, is related to the size of the RT screen. On start-up the screen is small, roughly 7 inches by 13 inches. (18cm by 33cm). I can click on the Fullscreen button and the screen enlarges but when I quit and later return to RT, the screen is small again.

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Preferences#External_Editor

Thank you, but the procedure outlined on Rawpedia has not worked (maybe I typed it wrong).
This is what I typed, “ -a Photoshop”. Clicked OK

When the image screen reopened I typed Control E
After a 10 second delay, I received this error message

If I removed the space in front of the -a, I didn’t get the error message but Photoshop did not open either

RT looks like a great Raw Processor but if I am unable to get it to work with an external editor it has marginal benefit to me.
Thank you for your response

Continued to experiment. This time I typed the “open -a Photoshop”.

clicked OK. And when I saw the image screen, I typed Control e. (Tried it with the external editor button too). Did not get the error message and did see:

But again, PS did not open.

After heckflosse’s heads up, this is literally what I did :

• I came here = ~/Library/Application Support/RawTherapee/options
    You can command + shift + G to get there faster =)
  • Dragged that options file into an editor, TextEdit also works
  • Then added PS’ (short) path and app full name, like so

[External Editor]
EditorKind=2
GimpDir=
PhotoshopDir=/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.app
CustomEditor=Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

PD
Though it is a bit to the side I also added a path to my desktop in the the Save to Folder as the before mentioned and this preference where misbehaving. Cheers

PD2
Just added the Gimp path too, he was getting jelous, good doggy here some :fries:

Thank you, looks scarey but I’ll give it a try.

Gave it a try, no damage to my mac but the image did not open in photoshop. is there something else that I have to do?

You need the full path to Photoshop! It is probably something similar to what @chroma_ghost has said.

If you’re still around, maybe we can screen share over Hangouts or simlilar.

My main goal was that opening those dialogs didn’t crash RT but I didn’t really tested to see if worked properly, sorry about that :smirk: This - in the Other command line - is working for me:

open -a /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2017/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2017

it’s no point in showing the options 'cause it uses double “” for the empty spaces and in the posts that desapears

PD
I can see that my above text was in the wrong place

I am using Photoshop CS6. I modified the path to read open -a /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop/Adobe\ Photoshop.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop.

The good news: Nothing Crashed, Under History it shows that the photo loaded

The bad news: Photoshop CS6 did not open. I am still doing something wrong?