A Challenge for G'MIC: Reverse engineer common overlays

It seems that now I have a problem here. I would like to extract the common overlaying layer within these images:

Probable color information are stored in these images:

Where can I get started on doing this?

Can’t really help, but i can say that you’re right :

Here’s an xcf file that shows that the pictures match (just hide the top layer to check)
Untitled.xcf (192.3 KB)
Untitled

Yes, I figure that you can use XOR blending mode in Krita, and manually overlay them and to crop directly at the coordinates. So, it’s pretty much extracting alpha that’s a big problem. What I can do is paint them.

So you want to recreate the frame?

Yeah, that’s the goal. I can’t tell if it is a completely smooth frame or not, so I wanted to use code to find that out. It’s smooth, but not simple gradient smooth methinks.

And the low color mode / banding doesn’t help either. Looks like a random shape too…
Have you tried difference layer mode? it gives a black frame, that’s probably the shape you’re looking for…?

Yeah, I ended up painting the alpha mask myself and did not use Difference mode. Looks like this:

Got something like this with difference:

What is this for BTW?

This is for a template for Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit Track Selection background.

I sometimes make templates for game modding.

That’s an old one heh.

Nice. I also did a few textures for Dark Souls I & II. Not sure they’re still up there.

Still there lol