A couple of questions from a newbie to the project

First off I must say this is an awesome project and some awesome work had gone into it from Dmitri and others (I believe Kerry did the case).

I found this project, much like others when looking for a device to backup photo’s while travelling. The GnarBox etc aren’t suitable for me (firstly the price, and secondly I use Compact Flash cards). And this project works with what I need :smiley:

My questions are:

1. If the book is updated do we get an updated version automatically? Or is it online? (as I’d like to pick up a copy to learn more about this project)
  2. The cases (done by Kerry I believe), are there any versions for the Pi Zero or Pi 3 available to edit? As I notice the one for the Pi Zero seems to have quite a large screen cutout? I’m trying to build a case which houses my Pi 3 (but I’m probably going to buy a Pi Zero), card reader (PCB only) and screen. I am also trying to integrate a HDD into the mix, but that’s a “down the line” part of this as I’m starting out. I appreciate designs are someone’s hard work, so if there isn’t, does anyone have the internal dimensions of the case so I can try and do my own in TinkerCad?
  3. Is there (or planned for the future) a dedicated ISO / image for this project? As I’d love to see a dedicated image we can download and install which has all of the parts pre-installed on the image. Just a thought.

Anyway, I’m going to get back to fiddling with my install of LBB on my Pi. And thanks once again to Dmitri and all involved for their continued efforts in making this an awesome project :slight_smile:

Paul

Thank you very much for your kind words!

1. If the book is updated do we get an updated version automatically? Or is it online? (as I’d like to pick up a copy to learn more about this project)

Yes, you’ll receive all book updates. If you buy the book on Google Play Store, updates will be automatically pushed to you. If you opt for Gumroad, you’ll receive email notifications with download links.

The cases (done by Kerry I believe), are there any versions for the Pi Zero or Pi 3 available to edit?

You have to ask Kerry. I have no experience with 3-D printing.

Is there (or planned for the future) a dedicated ISO / image for this project?

No. The installer script automates the entire installation process.

Kind regards,
Dmitri

Perfect, thanks for the response Dmitri :slight_smile:

Just bought the book and looking forward to reading it :smiley:

2 Likes