Accessing Files from a NAS

Hi, I just installed the software this morning, The problem I get is that the software does not see my Networked directory. I do not see any reference in the documentation.
Is it possible to access files stored on my NAS? If yes, How to make those directories available in the file manager?
Thanks

what OS? How did you try to access the NAS?

I don’t know what OS or NAS you’re using but if it’s anything like mine(Ubuntustudio using Thunar and a Drobo FS) you need to get the network to mount first. I still haven’t figured out how to do it automatically on startup, so I have to manually mount it every time I reboot. Once it’s mounted you should see it in the file manager. Hope this helps.

My NAS is a Synology. I need to figure out how to mount the network. I have an iMac and I access the files from my NAS from the finder without any problem.

Have you tried adding an entry to your /etc/fstab? For example like this:

//nas/folder  /mnt/somewhere  cifs  noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.mount-timeout=10,user,credentials=/somewhere/your_credentials,uid=your_username,gid=users

The credential file content could be

username=me
password=1234

HTH,
Flössie

If you’re on a mac, may you try this:

@floessie I appreciate your effort. I have tried changing fstab some time ago and didn’t get it to work. It could be I need this “credential file” that nobody else seemed to tell me about. Where would that be or need to be created?
I’m so used to doing it manually that it’s “automatic in my routine” now.

Thanks to all. I have restarted my Mac and added the volume in the Finder using the “Go To” Tab. Now my files are there.

As my /home is on a different device than the rootfs, I’ve put the credential file in /mnt next to the folder that gets mounted.

HTH,
Flössie