Add/Edit Exif in RawTherapee Bug

Im not really sure, if this is a bug, but i assume, it is one. I know, i can edit EXIF data in RawTherapee. But when a photo doesn’t have ANY EXIF data at all, all the edit EXIF data fields are empty and i cant add new fields by myself. The functionality for EXIF is completely deactivated in this case. At least in my opinion, this is a bug. It should be possible to add fields like DateTimeOriginal manually, if they don’t exist or EXIF is empty completely.

Check the following field

Yes, i know that dropdown. Mine is set to “Apply modifications”, to copy my values to the processed jpg’s. But there are no values in the EXIF tab. And i cant add new fields like DateTimeOriginal. But im new to RawTherapee. Maybe i miss something. I only want to add the timestamp, when the photo was captured. If i press the button for add/edit, nothing happens.

Hello, this might be a bug indeed. The exif fields stay empty when loading a photo without exif info. Adding a time stamp via one of the IPTC fields doesn’t work either.

On the other hand, adding a time stamp to a photo without exif info is perfectly possible in ART, a fork of RawTherapee. Just change the Date and Time (original) stamp and save the photo.

My workaround was to use exiftool for the same. I have no idea if the RawTherapee devs read here, or where i should else report this. This is not a big thing. I have only discovered it, after i try to decide which app is better for my workflow, RawTherapee or Darktable or maybe DigiKam. But since i dont like to use KDE, im more on the Gnome side, i would prefer one of the other two.

Yes, they read (but I’m not a dev)

I open an issue in GitHub. In the meantime, i have compiled ART and try to use the same there. I wasnt aware of this fork as of yet. Many thx for that tip. Maybe i can keep it, until the issue is solved.

Late to the party but I use this because it can import then add exif to an image that has none and then edit it.

Also export from an existing image.

I think it can batch, too.

GUI is not very intuitive.