Added support for Fuji X-T200 and X-Pro3

I added camera info, noise profiles, and WB for the X-T200 and X-Pro3, and missing WB for the X-H1, recompiled the tarball (apparently unnecessary) and sanity checked the results.

Is it presumptuous to file a pull request? Data came from from cameras with similar sensors, rather than properly generated.

Hi and welcome! I think they want profiles from the actual camera, especially for noise profiles.

That is a problem because I don’t actually own any of these cameras.

It would be nice if camera support could be faked by editing external files, without recompiling, however I suspect adobe_coeff.c and wb_presets.c are compiled-in, although noiseprofiles.json and cameras.xml are available in /usr/share/darktable.

You are correct .c files have to be compiled in, while XML and json do not.

Please at least file a new camera support request @ Sign in to GitHub · GitHub
There aren’t any samples for that camera on https://raw.pixls.us/, so that would be the first step.

There’s basic support for that one in darktable git master since Fujifilm X-Pro3 · Issue #4175 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub, not sure about extra stuff.

1 Like

Thanks, I recently noticed 3.0.2 has support for the X-Pro3, X100V, and GFX. The X100V works well. X-Pro3 images fail to open in darkroom, saying “color matrix not found.” DPreview Fuji X forum people say it’s the same sensor as in the X-T3.

When I buy an X-T200, I will file a camera support request with noise profiles, unless somebody else does it first.

I fixed the 3.0.2 code by adding X-Pro3 to noiseprofiles.json and adobe_coeff.c, pasted from X-T3. I’m not sure which is color matrix.

It is thought that X-T2 = X-T20 = X-Pro2 = X-H1, and X-T3 = X-T30 = X-Pro3. The X-A7 and X-T200 have copper wiring so might have different noise profiles than the X-A5 and X-T100. It’s probably too expensive for Fujifilm to create different sensor firmware for so many models.

I’m not sure why filing an issue asking for a camera to be supported has to wait for anything.
Sure, the issue won’t progress until there are samples on RPU, but still.

OK, I’ll try to follow instructions at raw.pixls.us