Additional darktable lua scripts

I’ve created a repository of additional darktable lua scripts. It’s located at https://github.com/wpferguson/extra-dt-lua-scripts. It contains scripts that were rejected from the official repository, scripts that can never be included in the official repository, and works in progress.

For the last several months real life has conspired to severely limit my coding time. The works in progress are eventually destined for the official repository, but they aren’t finished yet. But, they do work (at least for me) and have the core functionality to make them useful.

All of the scripts depend on the darktable lua-scripts libraries. The best way to install the extra scripts is in a subdirectory under the lua scripts directory. Instructions are at https://github.com/wpferguson/extra-dt-lua-scripts/README.md.

Currently the repository has the following scripts:

export2collection - I got the idea from watching Harry Durgin’s videos and wrote a script to save some steps and time.

dxo_photolab - Send an image out to dxo photolab for editing and return the result.

adjust_time - Synchonize image timestamps when 2 cameras are used to one event

correct_lens - Modify the detected lens information so your lens shows up as 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 017 instead of (638).

postsharpen - sharpen images after export using Imagemagick’s sharpen or unsharp-mask sharpeners.

I have several more works in progress, mostly targeted at the development version of darktable. I’ll add enough comments so that people can figure out how to use them and then add them here.

Bill

4 Likes

Thanks @wpferguson! Post sharpen looks awesome. Might have to modify it to work with gmic’s RL deconvolution or octave sharpening, both of which work really nicely.

Hope real life eases up!

@paperdigits I thought about using gmic, but I understood Imagemagick better. I think including other sharpening engines is a good idea. I could probably make the sharpening engines a little more modular so that adding an extra is obvious and no big deal. Perhaps we could even do multi stage sharpening using different engines.

Oh la la… Multiple engines… Fancy!

1 Like

@paperdigits, I pushed a new version of postsharpen.lua. I added presets and made the engine definitions modular. I also added gmic and a definition for R/L deconvolve. I also added MacOS and Windows compatibility.

1 Like