After an absence...

I like the crop as is. Tweaked the colors.
DT

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing another of your great photographs.
Very little change - slight lightening of the darkest areas, slight increase of saturation of the colours of the tartans and a crop very similar to yours.

Thanks a lot for this photo!
Tried make the clouds appear with more structure.

20220808_0020_RT-1.jpg.out.pp3 (23.7 KB)

Thanks for posting
darktable 4.0

20220808_0020_01.NEF.xmp (16.0 KB)

1 Like

Here’s my contribution with GIMP and plugin eq_lum_mask_h_m_s - David.

Thanks for the photo!
Here’s my version, with dt 4.0.
I had a slightly vintage sort of look in mind, and introduced a few hue shifts with the channel mixer and color balance rgb. Not quite sure what I’m doing!

20220808_0020.NEF.xmp (10.5 KB)

1 Like

I had a slightly vintage sort of look in mind, and introduced a few hue shifts

But, but, but - you can’t change the colours on the tartans…

Not quite sure what I’m doing!

Join the club

Ha! Very good point, which I didn’t think of at all :upside_down_face:

Thanks for posting…just noticed your jpg is 70MB… you can likely drop your settings considerably…

But you did do a pretty good job on the color noise… a few posters ignored it…it almost obliterates the face of the march leader among other areas if you don’t …

Edit above and this one are meant to show examples of the unhandled noise…not your edit…just to be clear :slight_smile:

Nice shot,
here my try in RT dev:

20220808_0020.NEF.jpg.out.pp3 (18,4 KB)

1 Like

Nice photo. I hope my simple edit does it justice. dt 4.0.0

20220808_0020.NEF.xmp (7.0 KB)

Uploading: After an absence_20220808_0020.NEF.xmp…

Thanks Todd. I’m not on my main pc atm but I just had a look at my xmp that I posted. I seem to have uploaded the wrong one… I’ll try :grinning: to update it later. But re the noise all I would have done is switch on profiled denoise. Always works well I find

Your right its great…for some reason it seems a bit strong on luma noise at times in this more recent few versions… I am sometimes still tweaking it…usually I use the dehaze preset in sharpen and diffuse…that can be strong so its a good trade off for a result…

Good point, sometimes I use the ‘chroma only’ (it’s called something like that) preset. Interesting about the dehaze preset in D&S. Never tried it! I will though.

I find it works more like a sharpening and detail enhancement compared to a normal dehaze but if your image is blurry its pretty good…

20220808_0020.pfi (63.7 KB)

Hello everyone,

Here is my version
based on the styles presented here (Sell these tomatoes - #13 by Underexposed)

20220808_0020.NEF.xmp (12.0 KB)

Christian

Here’s my take on it with ART. I tried to keep it looking pretty natural while adding a little pop and some detail in the sky.

20220808_0020.NEF.arp (11.6 KB)

1 Like