ALGLIB libraries installation on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed (HDRMerge)

Compilation fails (using the build-hdrmerge script provided for the latest build) and I cannot find alglib for Tumbleweed distribution from YaST nor as a package (rpm).

I have downloaded the alglib-3.19.0.cpp.gpl.tgz locally but I do not know in which dir or what environment variables I have to set so for the script/cmake to be able to “see” it.

-- Could NOT find ALGLIB (missing: ALGLIB_LIBRARIES ALGLIB_INCLUDES) 
-- Install binary to: /home/markman8/programs/hdrmerge
-- Configuring done
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
ALGLIB_INCLUDES (ADVANCED)
   used as include directory in directory /home/markman8/programs/code-hdrmerge
ALGLIB_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
    linked by target "hdrmerge" in directory /home/markman8/programs/code-hdrmerge

CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
  Found relative path while evaluating include directories of "hdrmerge":

"ALGLIB_INCLUDES-NOTFOUND"

CMake Error in CMakeLists.txt:
  Found relative path while evaluating include directories of "hdrmerge":

"ALGLIB_INCLUDES-NOTFOUND"

-- Generating done
CMake Generate step failed.  Build files cannot be regenerated correctly.

AppImage does not work either. Asks to use ldconfig and user does not have access to it for start (only root).

Is there a workaround for the compilation part for HDRMerge program on Tumbleweed?

there is an unofficial package for alglib in my home:darix:playground project. in the same project you will also find a hdrmerge package.

1 Like

@darix I do have them individually but for the compilation to work alglib (its contents which are .h and .cpp files) I suppose need to be placed somewhere so the compilation script to continue.

I will try to find what you have though and see if that package is appropriate for zypper of openSUSE.

Thanks.

https://software.opensuse.org/package/hdrmerge?search_term=hdrmerge

1 Like

Thank you very much it did install properly!!

To build Hdrmerge for W10 with Mingw64 I use following Cmake command:

cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" -DGIT_BRANCH=$BRANCH -DALGLIB_ROOT="/d/programmes/alglib" -DALGLIB_INCLUDES="/d/programmes/alglib/include" -DALGLIB_LIBRARIES="/d/programmes/alglib/lib/libalglib.a" -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-O2 -pipe" -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="${CMAKE_C_FLAGS} " -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=$BUILD_TYPE -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$destination ../HDR