aligning images for a timelapse

Hi

I have around 100 images. Half of them are fine but rest of them are not aligned properly.
What is the best way to align them and create movie ?

I tried creating movie and then using video stabilisation but that didn’t work.

thanks

My only alignment experience is with Hugin, and it worked reasonably well. If your footage is not moving too much (e.g. traffic), the automatic registration will probably do the trick, otherwise you may have to manually select fixed reference points in your image.

Hugin should do it:

thanks @Tobias

That thread came up in search when I tried to post question. I followed it but it asked me to create control points manually which is what I wanted to avoid.

I had used a program maybe 10 years ago which created control points automatically. I wish I remembered its name.

I’ll try to google-fu again

Try using align_image_stack from the command line

Alternatively, ffmpeg has some stabilization filters that might work well as an alternative.

I’m not sure how a scene that has a lot of movement throughout the stack but with specific anchor points will behave with align_image_stack since it tries to align the whole stack at once - for some use cases, aligning frame-by-frame (ffmpeg stabilization filters) may work better

One more thing. The hdr-plus repository does have a tool that just does the stacking and noise reduction.

The OP is looking for image stabilization for a timelapse.

HDR+ is a powerful tool, but not suitable for this use case.

@Entropy512 Thanks, good to know.