Alt-7 not working properly

RT 5.4 on Manjaro XFCE current:

When I press Alt-7 to show the images that I’ve edited, there’s one image missing.

Here’s the image with the checkmark edited but the disk icon is missing:

Here are edited images with the disk icon:

so when I press alt-7 the image at the top doesn’t show up as edited, only these 2 show up.

Here’s the file listing that the pp3 file does exists:

Am doing something wrong? or is it be a bug?

Thanks

Syv

The disk icon indicates that you have generated a e.g. JPG and it’s up to date with your edits. If you edit the image without generating, the disk icon will disappear until you generate an image like a JPG again…

The tooltip:

Show saved images.
Shortcut: Alt-7

So everything’s working correctly.

Where did you read that Alt-7 should show edited images? I double-checked the Keyboard Shortcuts page in RawPedia, it’s correct.

Not really. This image was saved as a jpeg but to an “export directory”. temp/export. This was the same as for the other 2 images shown in the screen capture.

How do I found the images that have been edited? That current directory has about 1,400 images. I have some other directories with over 4,000 images.

Does this mean that I would have to page down 700 times? (I size the thumbnail to 2 per row to be able to see).

Thanks

Syv

I don’t understand the questions.

How can I view/filter the images that I’ve processed/changed? I thought that I could use Alt-7 for that but “it doesn’t work”.

Thanks

Syv

Select the little green tick that has the tooltip “show edited images”

1 Like

Great! I was not aware of that feature!

I can’t believe I knew something about RawTherapee that you didn’t! The filters obviously didn’t need optimizing :smile:

4 Likes

I never needed that feature because my folders are structured per day. Having more than 1000 images per folder is not the best for performance too, though it works.

Maybe the topic title should be changed from

Alt-7 not working properly

to

use 7 to show edited images
2 Likes
  1. I didn’t realize that the checkmark and the disk where independent
  2. I still have the same problem that got this thread started.

This morning a different directory. Edited and saved 1 image to an export director:y temp/export. And itr doesn’t show as saved.

It doesn’t show the saved status.

Question

What makes an image status: saved ?

Thanks

Syv