Android Backup not Initiating

I have been trying to backup my Samsung S21 Ultra. I’ve installed the MTP programs, changed the LBB scripts, yet nothing happens when I click the button on the LBB webpage. I get the popup that says the transfer has happened, but no transfer. When attempting to browse my phone files through the File Manager on the Raspberry Pi, the phone is visible, but says it has 0 items. I tried switching the phone to PTP, and photos show up (still no transfer) but I’m interested in the movies that are on the phone. What steps can I take to get this to work? I fear that my copy of the LBB book is incomplete, as well. For the code that controls the file locations, all my book shows is

rsync -avh --delete /home/pi/ANDROID/Internal\ storage/

I can see more if I zoom out, and I’ve seen it do that a couple of times. Thanks in advance, and I’m really enjoying LBB!

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for buying the Little Backup Book!

The path in the book is as follows:

rsync -avh --delete /home/pi/ANDROID/Internal\ storage/DCIM/ /home/pi/PHOTOS

However, the /Internal\ storage/DCIM/ part is just an example and it could be something else in your particular case. Use the jmtpfs ~/ANDROID to mount your Android device, then run the ls command to find out the exact path to the directory containing images and movies.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Dmitri