ANNOUNCEMENT: New ITransform warping pyplug available

Hi, I have setup the ITransform pyplug.
It is an easy to use warping tool
It is derived from the nuke gizmo of the same name.

You can get it here:

download the itransform.py

A video tutorial is here:

Feedback is welcome before I submit this script to the community plugins github.

4 Likes

This looks fantastic!
Just tested on Natron 2.4.1 under Ubuntu Linux.

Some kind of GUI overlay to do the transformation/distortion would be very helpful, just
dragging the numbers and sliders is kind of an uncontrolled blind flight…

You are totally right! Actually if you open the pyplug node graph, the underlying transform gizmo can be displayed.

I don’t know how to show it from the outside

You are totally right! Actually if you open the pyplug node graph, the underlying transform gizmo can be displayed.

I don’t know how to show it from the outside.

Interesting!
Should we have a checkbox in the “Node” properties panel that says “Display interact when parent is open”?

Hi, thanks Fred for suggesting the “Display interact when parent is open” it could definitely be helpful.

More in Depth:
I had the center parameter set to “use point interact” in the group but it is lost when converting to pyplug. After investigating I found that the line
“param.setUsePointInteract(True)” should be generated in the pyplug but it is not.
It is probably an easyer fix for you.
I added the line manually in my pyplug and it works, but it’s a bit hacky!

What about Nuke:
It seems that Nuke detects when the TRANSLATE parameter of Transform is used as an alias in a group. it then displays the interact on the viewer.

By the way, do you have any possibility to access the Twitter account of Natron ? We could maybe post new things to attract more users.

Hope you could have some holidays.

The Twitter account for Natron is more or less dead, I just post Natron news on my personal account (seems to work ok, as most followers on my account is Natron related).

Anyway, we should post news on our website, adding support for news/blog posts is trivial.

I would REALLY LOVE this news section to be added even with very basic functionalities. I think it would help show people that Natron is alive.

I didn’t dared to ask before september because of those talks about new website on discord… but now it’s time to act.

I think we can feed it at least with bugfixes but maybe also new video tutorials and “templates” or new community scripts like these

I would REALLY LOVE this news section to be added even with very basic functionalities. I think it would help show people that Natron is alive.

We’re still working on it! :wink: News section is largely being handled by @Songtech-0912 who will merge it into my branch once the PR is fully sorted out. Check out the GitHub repo for details

As for content, the current plan is to have all changelogs / releases over there. New community stuff like this could totally fit in too!

I think we could start the news page now. In September people may be more prone to discovering new workflows :slight_smile:

We just have to make sure the content from a basic news page could be migrated to your new design.

If you want to go to the trouble of doing a bunch of work on a website that is slated to be completely replaced and acknowledge that all of your work will be completely thrown away once the new site is up and running then have at it! I’m going to continue to focus on the new one.

As long as the news posts are written in Markdown they can be moved over with minimal work.

Thank you for all the work on the new site! I definitely don’t want to waste yout time. Any hint as to when the new site could be onlne?

The problem here is that the new website is taking too long (no disrespect to anyone involved).

Agree, I can probably fix it this weekend (if nobody else wants to).

Thank you, and I will search for relevant news to suggest. Advertising your new color picker alone seems useful to me… Blendernation does just this with every new feature implemented.

Yeah man, go for it! Keep posts in markdown and I’m happy :slight_smile:

Let’s do that.

Yeah, was planning to do this last night, but I forgot that the existing site is not jekyll. Adding a news section will require a bit more effort.

So, what is the ETA on the new website? what’s holding it back?

I can fix the existing website, but I’m not going to waste an evening if the new site “just around the corner”.

So, what is the ETA on the new website? what’s holding it back?

• Homepage layout is ready to go, needs a hero image.
  • Feature page layout is all good but some features don’t have images ant text yet.
  • @Songtech-0912 has done a bunch of good work on the news pages, at the moment I’d like to give those a light theme, long form news posts would probably be better suited to a light theme VS dark presentation pages that highlight images.
  • @Songtech-0912 has also made good work out of the About page which is also not currently published to my branch.

I’m personally kinda swamped currently working on an animated short (comp done in Natron!) so I won’t be able to divert time into getting this done until after October 24th.

Since the original website is just one page, why not just replace it with the new “homepage”? :slight_smile:

The other pages could be added later (when done).

1 Like

Hi, may I help filling in the blanks of the feature page ?