Any way of merging Filmulator into RawTherapee?

I’ve played around with Filmulator a bit and it does a pretty good job with a lot of files with very little tweaking. Any way of making it into something like a tab into RawTherapee and tweaking its output when needed?

1 Like

@CarVac had a fork of darktable with fimulator as a module so I’m quite sure RT would be a possibility too if you can motivate him to do it. :slight_smile:

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/filmulator-algorithm-in-other-editors/1033/26

This type of question sort of falls into “Why doesn’t everyone just work on the same project? Then we could have one great !”

We had a thread on this awhile ago (and it was locked) and it comes up a good deal when dealing with free software.

My thoughts are:

1. Free software is about scratching your own itch or pursuing what interests you
  2. You can’t tell people what to work on in their free time, that is wrong
  3. The code is open, if you want something you can make it happen yourself or pay someone to make it happen
  4. Having choice is awesome!

Thus, it is possible, but actually getting it done is a different story.

2 Likes

ah, cool! tought it can be done, tnx :slight_smile:

The annoying part about my darktable module was that I was unable to make the darktable results look like the Filmulator results. The different editors have dramatically different pipelines, and that affects the look to a surprising extent.

1 Like

Yep i know. Thats why i wondered if results with RT would be different. To my knowledge, RT doesn’t apply any processing to the image if the user doesnt do it by himself. Neutral preset gives only a demosaiced image afaik.

In order to display a meaningful image from a raw file you also have to do white balance and apply some color profile.

Oh yes, that too… forgot about those 2 steps, but isnt WB camera provided and same in all image editors by default, color profile too?

More or less, yes.

No.

Good idea, then we could filmulate in windows…:grin:

Perhaps it’s possible to use WSL?