Any way to remove the thin halo on the edge of mountain/sky?

I tried defringe module’s setting back and forth, I can only lower the halo to certain level. Is there a way I can completely remove it or further lower it down?

I understand when the photo was taken, the halo was already there. When the sky is bright enough to match the halo brightness, it is not noticeable. But when the sky brightness is lowered, the halo becomes very obvious immediately.

I use this as example (Sync.com | Control Panel), it is not the one in screenshot but I can reproduce the issue relatively easier, please pay attention to top left corner mountain ridges.

Can you upload the full res image somewhere for download? I’ve been experimenting with the contrast equalizer to help reduce halos like this but I don’t have any that are as pronounced as yours.

I noticed that you have a very high treshold in the defringe module. If you want it to remove more fringing, you should make the treshold lower, not higher.

Are you sure? Which modules did you use? Some are known to produce halos.

@Frank_Lepore please see the link I have in the modified post content, there is a real file.

@pitbuster The module setting is just my experiment number to see if the value impacts halo result.

@s7habo please see my updated post with the raw file and xmp. You can see I only applied very few modules in this example. As soon as I applied filmic rgb module the top left ridge has very obvious halo. Therefore I guess the photo has the halo already when it was shot. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In the example you gave us the problem is in overexposed areas:

The correction of the transversal chromatic aberration (TCA) of the lens correction does not work properly there:

It is also possible that the lens correction itself is poorly done. However, due to overexposure this cannot be evaluated correctly here. As you can see, these artifacts do not appear on the far left.

Filmic does not cause artifacts here

@s7habo When I toggle over exposure indicator I don’t see the right on far left side (in my real example) is over-exposed. But the halo above it is so noticeable. So you think it is more like an issue lens correction does not work properly?

Yes. Try to move TCA red and blue sliders on lens correction module to see if you get any improvements. First disable defringe module!

On your sample Photo I’m getting slightly better results with this values:

TCA

Thanks for the tips.