Anyone else having issues uploading / pasting images to forum?

I’ve tried by pasting, uploading, photos, screenshots, etc. All get to 100%, sit there for a while and then fail with “Sorry, there was an error uploading that file. Please try again.” I can paste text, but not images. I’ve seen no image-related issues anywhere else.

My environment:

• Windows 11 22H2 OS build 22621.2861
  • Firefox 120.0.1

I just applied the latest Windows update a bit earlier, 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5033375), which is KB5033375.

I don’t have any other browsers installed, but can go that route to troubleshoot (and / or back out this Windows KB). However, I’d like to know if others are seeing similar issues before I go down that hole.

Thanks.

1 Like

My new (ish) laptop is now on the same Firefox and Windows version, and haven’t noticed any issues - but I haven’t done much uploading recently (from this machine).

I’ll upload one here to make sure…

Oh… same problem!

I’ll try Edge which is installed (I think).

Indeed so. Cannot even share externally hosted images either (link below what I recently shared). :slight_smile:

Dream Weaver using String Art plugin. - Showcase - discuss.pixls.us

1 Like

Weird. My main desktop is on Win 11 Pro and hasn’t been offered that 22H2 update (currently on 21H2 IIRC). That works fine.

Yes; pushed updates earlier but thought I didn’t install them until after posting my thread. Not sure the cause. Still, this has happened before here and I suspect it’s a site issue. Time will tell. :slight_smile:

Edge works fine. :-/
I tried clearing the cache for the site in Firefox but it didn’t help.

Seems to work for me latest firefox on linux. Try hard refreshing the forum, shift + reload in firefox

2 Likes

That worked! :slight_smile: I never knew there were different kinds of refresh…

1 Like

I had exactly that problem yesterday. Same version of Windows and Firefox. I’m at a temporary location with lousy internet, and guessed that was the issue.

EDIT: I’ve just tried again, with Firefox and up-to-date Microsoft Edge: Version 120.0.2210.61 (Official build) (64-bit). Same error message.

My JPG file is 8296 bytes.

Shift+F5 brings up developer tools in Firefox. If that’s where I’m supposed to be, I’m not finding an option for refresh. I’ve cleared cache (but not passwords, etc.), Shift+launch, etc.

No change, still can’t load images.

This is Windows, after all, so let me reboot and try again … *sigh*

Shift + click the reload icon, or press Ctrl + Shift + R.

Actions:

• Cleared all cache (but not cookies / credentials) on Firefox Windows
  • Rebooted (power-off)
  • Tried Firefox / Edge on Windows as well as Firefox, Chrome and PIXLS app on Android (which is actually Chrome, right?)
  • Did a Shift+Ctrl+R in Firefox on Windows

Results:

• Firefox / Edge on Windows and Firefox on Android - Showed “Loading” and five colored dots for 10+ minutes (Firefox Windows and Android sync with each other)
  • Chrome on Android - PIXLS loaded OK but I didn’t have an image to test*
  • PIXLS Android app - PIXLS loaded OK but I didn’t have an image to test*

After refreshing Firefox and Edge on Windows, PIXLS loaded but I still can’t paste / load an image in either one. FWIW, I was also unable to authenticate into PIXLS in Edge using Google, but remembered my password which worked.

* I’ll find an image on my phone and try posting it to this thread shortly. But so far from testing I’ve done it’s not limited to a single browser nor OS so it appears to be possibly server-side… ?

1 Like

Firefox on Android, test image copied to clipboard and pasted before (to replicate desktop experience as closely as possible):

Nevermind – I apparently can’t paste in Firefox Android (unable to summon a “paste” prompt) and trying a standard upload gives the same error. So something is up on the site.

Edge is the New IE… can’t be uninstalled (for all practical purposes). :confused:

1 Like

I’m using Edge so it’s not the solution for me.

I just realised that I had confused myself about the updates on my machine - I haven’t yet installed that KB33375 update.

Does seem like the original issue could be more server related. I can’t upload images again now.

I’m seeing other issues with forums / messages not loading for a long time. It appears there’s something wrong.

I just tried uploading an image (screen cap of the five dots busy indicator I saw when “back button” returning to the ART forum) from the app on my phone, same error. It’s on the server / site.

1 Like

Dump your browser cache and log out/in please.

Done, two different browsers (Firefox, Edge). Same error when I logged back in and tried to drop an image on the message composer.

fixed.

4 Likes